Started my PML AMRAAM 2.0 and 3.0

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonB

Reaction score
Looking forward to trying out these rockets. For now I only have the Kwik Switch MMTs epoxied. Which turned out I did not need to do with the changes I decided to do.

Kit has the QT tubes. When I bought these kits I did not know as much as I know now when it comes to building HP rockets and I kind of just went on a shopping spree buying kits that interested me and would build at a later date with more experience

after doing some research last night thanks to the forum and previous builders, I decided to do a normal 54mm motor mount setup with a Aeropack Retainer and 54/38 adapter. I found out the Kwik Switch setup limits your motor size.

On the 3 I decided to do an kevlar shock cord and normal ejection setup. Eye bolt through the forward MMT centering ring.

I might keep the piston system for the AMRAAM 2 just try it out.

couple small details that the ocd part me
did not care was the forward fins on the 3 where to large to fit into slots. Easy fix to trim them down but would rather not, and the fins on the 2.0 were to short/small leaving a 3/16” gap or so in the forward slot. Epoxy fill.

If anyone wants a “build” style tread lemme know, ill add some pics. Nothing that has not been covered though I think.

i went with 25ft of Kevlar shock cord for the 3 , 20 for the 2 (if I decide to go non piston)

I also am going to do rail buttons

Any advise is welcome, first time building on QT airframes. Using only rocketpoxy for fillets and mounting. Probably do expansion foam inside airframe/MMT dead space. Going to send it up on a L1000 at some point :)

Last edited:
Back