OG PML Sudden Rush

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loopy

Reaction score
So, a little while ago, I won the OG Sudden Rush Kit from PML/LOC. OG meaning this is an older kit from back in the days of PML with the CPR 3000 system foot dual deployment and the Kwik-Switch motor mounts.

The build is coming along nicely, and I’m keeping it pretty much stock, though I am omitting the pistons and the Kwik Switch motor mounts. Nothing against the pistons - I have other PML kits with the pistons in them, just decided not to with this one, and I’m skipping the Kwik Switch motor mounts because I have adapters already and the KS can limit the length of the motors you can use.

First step was figuring it motor retention…so, I bought a 54mm Aeropack and shaved out the inside of the aft end of the boat tail to allow it to fit up in there, then started working on the motor mount. Piston strap and upper centering ring attached (Piston strap will just get tied to the shock cord), and then installed into the booster tube. Fins sanded and attached. Also started construction of the CPR system. Pretty interesting so far! Next up is fin fillets and more work on the CPR system. IMG_5814.jpegIMG_5813.jpegIMG_5844.jpegIMG_5845.jpegIMG_5846.jpeg

I built the same rocket and I used a Giant Leap slimline retainer. It worked perfectly.
I thought about going Slimline, but didn't want to wait...lol. I was at eRockets for build night, and there was an aeropack in stock...it actually looks pretty good...the retainer cap is the same diameter as the end of the boattail, so it ends up working out pretty well. That picture makes it look a bit janky, but it's really not.

Back