Space-x Kit

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gee, they must've sold out again. My two shipped yesterday. I was really tempted to order an "Occupy Mars" mug at the same time but have too many coffee mugs for the space available now.

Yes, the new version appears to be 24mm powered...will see when mine get here. FedEx says they will be here Thursday.

Last edited:
Falcon 9 kit? I want.

These rockets are back in stock. I ordered mine just now (along with a Dragon T-shirt and an Occupy Mars mug!)

I would have got an Occupy Mars shirt, but they were small and huge --- nothing that would fit.

I got my shipment from SpaceX today. Unfortunately my Occupy Mars mug arrived broken. But the shirt looks great and the rocket seems pretty cool.

This must represent a Falcon 9 V1.1, because there are some stick-on landing legs that must stick onto the surface of the tube in the folded-up stowed position. The one thing I wish they had done was to put a nice wrap around the fairing --- it's is just the plain white tube, and the spirals are visible without a wrap.

My new one came today, the Falcon 9 and Fairing. And yes, it's a 24mm mount. These things aren't much of a build, but they're fun.

To the OP, if you haven't picked one up yet just do it.

The Falcon 9 and Fairing are pretty straight forward and very quick build. The pre wrapped air frame is much better quality on this new Space-X Rocket than on my first one. Started it last night, the fairing is not wrapped like the rest of the airframe and is just a bare standard BT-60ish. Will need to fill, prime and paint to finish. Looking for a reference for a decal I can put on the fairing though. I don't want to leave it plain white.
IMG_0438.jpg

The Falcon 9 and Fairing are pretty straight forward and very quick build. The pre wrapped air frame is much better quality on this new Space-X Rocket than on my first one. Started it last night, the fairing is not wrapped like the rest of the airframe and is just a bare standard BT-60ish. Will need to fill, prime and paint to finish. Looking for a reference for a decal I can put on the fairing though. I don't want to leave it plain white.
View attachment 174456

The fairing is just a fairing. There are no markings on it, unless the payload customer pays to put one there, I suppose.

View attachment 174456

Thanks for posting this picture. I was wondering what the earlier Falcon 9 with Dragon looked like. Now I almost want to get the other one too. I wonder if they will release a Falcon Heavy to the public. And a Dragon V2!

Back