Something new in the 75mm line??

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregzo

Reaction score
https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24745

This is a link to CountDown Hobbies new re-stock on Rouse Monster motors. There is a nice picture there of the Rouse line of hardware. Now look at the picture closely....

Hmmmm....
I'm looking at the picture and wondering what is odd about it...
Then look at the 75mm stuff. Yup - there's the 75/2560 case. Yup - there's the 75/3840 case. There's the 75/5120 case. And finally the big monster 75/6400 that is so wonderful for those M1315W's we all like to see.

But wait - what the *&%$ is that bigger one?? Look at the link to the Rouse Tech site and they have listed a 75/7680 motor. No price. But it is listed. And it is in the picture.

Did I miss something? Does Aerotech and Rouse have something up their sleeves? I certainly hope so!!!! If you do a search on TRF for 7,680 all you get is hits for the 98/7680. Here's hoping they are coming out with some bigger toys to play with!!

If you look on the Rouse site there is also a 38/1400 casing with no price listed, IS there a possibility of a baby 38mm K motor out there? That would be awsome to see.

Well Tom is a member of this site so hopefully he'll tell us whats going on.

Hello Tom?

Originally posted by robfire820
If you look on the Rouse site there is also a 38/1400 casing with no price listed, IS there a possibility of a baby 38mm K motor out there? That would be awsome to see.
I checked the site...didn't see it. Only the 38/1050. Sure you're not confusing this?

they have listed a 75/7680 motor
That would be a beast of a motor. Similar to the Animal 75/7600 loads. I wonder if Rouse-Tech knows something we don't in terms of future AT reloads?

aahh...that's why I missed it. That could be interesting...a 38mm K. It just may be hard to fit into someone's current rocket designs because of the length. Most of my rockets built for the larger motors are built D/D with an anti-zipper coupler in the fincan. I gauged the length of the motor mount/fin can based on the length of the largest motor (with a little extra length) I plan to fly in it. Sure, I could modify it to take the longer casing, but I'd probably just stick with the shorter 54mm K motors (and ~ the same impulse like the AMW 54/1400) which I already have casings for and fit without modification. Still...if this really is true, it could provide some interesting options.

I wonder if Rouse-Tech knows something we don't in terms of future AT reloads?

Sure Tom would.Other wise he would go out and make a case.

Hopefully they do like a 6 secs burn M motor I didn't like the motors that only burn for like 3 secs.(redline, blue thunder)I want a good white lighting motor.

They already have 4 white lightning M motors - the M1297 (4.5s), M1315 (5.3s), M1419 (7.1s), and M1939 (6.2s)

The 1419 is impressive...tons of white smoke and great long burn.

Absolutely, and for a heavy lift M (other than blue thunder), the 1939 is great too.

I love all the WL M's.

They already have 4 white lightning M motors - the M1297 (4.5s), M1315 (5.3s), M1419 (7.1s), and M1939 (6.2s)

I'm talking about for the 75/7680 case.

Blue/White/Red/Sparks/Black/Green - Heck - I Love 'em all!!

I admit my tastes change from time to time. Sometimes I ask the kids or my wife what they would like to see for colors/smoke. It helps them stay involved in dad's bigger rockets (They also help pick rocket colors for paint!!). I get much less picky about performance/altitude/Mach speeds than others. I enjoy the liftoff show the best!!!
But that's what great about the hobby - it's okay to be a speed freak. It's okay to just build and paint them perfectly and never fly them. It's okay to overbuild a tank so most of the burn is right in front of you and it hardly goes anywhere. It's okay to be a "kit" guy. It's okay to be a scratch builder. Etc, Etc.
Cost also has some impact on what I looking for with motors. With AMW - since all the loads are the same price in a particular case size - I pick what suits my fancy at the time. (Like I said - ALL rocket motors are fun!!)
With AT and the smaller motors where the price difference is not that great - I pick based on "emotion" or family preference for the color of the day. When the motors get bigger - and the cost difference btween WL versus RL/BT gets steep - I lean toward WL to conserve cash to launch more.

Originally posted by Gregzo
https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24745

This is a link to CountDown Hobbies new re-stock on Rouse Monster motors. There is a nice picture there of the Rouse line of hardware. Now look at the picture closely....

Hmmmm....
I'm looking at the picture and wondering what is odd about it...
Then look at the 75mm stuff. Yup - there's the 75/2560 case. Yup - there's the 75/3840 case. There's the 75/5120 case. And finally the big monster 75/6400 that is so wonderful for those M1315W's we all like to see.

But wait - what the *&%$ is that bigger one?? Look at the link to the Rouse Tech site and they have listed a 75/7680 motor. No price. But it is listed. And it is in the picture.

Did I miss something? Does Aerotech and Rouse have something up their sleeves? I certainly hope so!!!! If you do a search on TRF for 7,680 all you get is hits for the 98/7680. Here's hoping they are coming out with some bigger toys to play with!!
I was wondering if anyone would notice...

Stand by.

I noticed way back months ago on one of the first price sheets I got, I just firgured it was going to be something new but these things take a while so I never thought to say anything...

Very odd that after all of that time you derived this info basically from a picture! Good eye!

I guess if you want a 38mm K you still have to go EX, I know there are a few out there who make them and I would love to see one.

Originally posted by robfire820
I guess if you want a 38mm K you still have to go EX, I know there are a few out there who make them and I would love to see one.

There is someone in the NW that makes a 38mm K motor that burns in just over 0.5 secs. He flies it in a min. diameter CF rocket that empty weighs just over 1 lb. It is there, you see a wiff of smoke and it is gone.

Carl

I believe you are refering to Mike Fisher.

THere was talk of a 12 grain 38mm back when the 38mm x 1080 J570 came out........You do the math.

I heard that Dr Frank was toying with the idea a couple of years ago. If I remember corretly; it was about 36" long case & came in around a K 1300.

JD

Originally posted by JDcluster
I believe you are refering to Mike Fisher.

THere was talk of a 12 grain 38mm back when the 38mm x 1080 J570 came out........You do the math.

I heard that Dr Frank was toying with the idea a couple of years ago. If I remember corretly; it was about 36" long case & came in around a K 1300.

JD
We tested a 12 grain motor a few years ago...got a couple to work and CATOed another. An equivalent, reliable motor can be easily made using longer grains, but the grains would weigh over 62.5 grams each.

Originally posted by garoq
We tested a 12 grain motor a few years ago...got a couple to work and CATOed another. An equivalent, reliable motor can be easily made using longer grains, but the grains would weigh over 62.5 grams each.
So? That hasn't stopped you with 54mm and up :D

Come on :D

What is that motor he flies it on?

Some sort of red K3551 IIRC?

Also, I believe it has a progressive thrust curve - the faster it gets, the harder it accelerates.

So? That hasn't stopped you with 54mm and up

So that means that it would have to be a restricted access MOTOR and not an easy access motor so it would be a 1.3 not a 1.4 so it would be hard to ship.

Is that right Gary ?

Alex

Originally posted by SARocketMan
So that means that it would have to be a restricted access MOTOR and not an easy access motor so it would be a 1.3 not a 1.4 so it would be hard to ship.

Is that right Gary ?

Alex
Yes it would be RA but we could still ship it as 1.4 under DOT-SP 10996. The problem is that it would require an LEUP like the 54mm and larger reloads.

WOW, you guys are good!
Like Gary says- "Stay tuned".
I'll go out on a limb here and risk getting Garoq mad, but, the hardware for the upcoming release is already in stock. Yeee haaw!

As far as the 38/1400 case, yeah, thats a brain fart on my part. I'm still trying to figure out how that happened when I did the price list.

I'm surprised that with all of the talent in the rocketry community, no body noticed what casing was MISSING!!! Ok Guys,, "Wheres Waldo?" :)

Originally posted by Tom Rouse
I'm surprised that with all of the talent in the rocketry community, no body noticed what casing was MISSING!!! Ok Guys,, "Wheres Waldo?" :)

38/120 ???

Back