Sizzler, Estes kit #1906

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool! This was the first rocket I ever built. I'm planning (someday) on building a 3" upscale version for my level 2.

Regular, run of the mill, everyday printer paper was wraped around all the hatches. Since the hatches and rivets are raised up from the surface of the body tube, a slight gap was left between the BT and the paper.

sizzler 242.jpg

sizzler 283.jpg

After the paper is removed a soft seperation line is left because of the slight gap that was left between the BT and the masking paper.

sizzler 284.jpg

Attachments

• sizzler 283.jpg
    sizzler 283.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 24
Had tape been used at the color seperation point, a very sharp raised step would have been left where the tan paint ends. With the paper raised above the body tube that problem was eliminated.

sizzler 285.jpg

Attachments

• sizzler 284.jpg
    sizzler 284.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 23
After the Tan paint cures real good, I'll spray on the rest of the black.

sizzler 282.jpg

sizzler 290.jpg

Waiting on dry/low humidity weather conditions to finish up with the black paint.

sizzler 288.jpg

GREAT thread bradycros!

I've been on a huge upscale kick after completing my BT-60 SCRAM upscale. I've got all the calculations for all the classic smaller Estes rockets already done and loaded into Open Rocket.....but the one thing I lacked is a good way to do the fins. Thanks for sharing! very helpful

GREAT thread bradycros!

I've been on a huge upscale kick after completing my BT-60 SCRAM upscale. I've got all the calculations for all the classic smaller Estes rockets already done and loaded into Open Rocket.....but the one thing I lacked is a good way to do the fins. Thanks for sharing! very helpful

Thank you for the positive feedback.

T-Shirt+Come+to+the+dark+side,+we+have+cookies+-+V.png

Come on bradycros, couple more months and ya got a year in on this thread. Im routing for ya dude.YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!Anywhoo- really,really nice job. Someday when I get where I can sit for more than a few minutes without getting an anxiety attack(doing little details)Ill try my hand at them thar rivets.

Come on bradycros, couple more months and ya got a year in on this thread. Im routing for ya dude.YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!Anywhoo- really,really nice job. Someday when I get where I can sit for more than a few minutes without getting an anxiety attack(doing little details)Ill try my hand at them thar rivets.

Glad you like the build. Good to know your root'n for me!
How ya like these here rivets?

sizzler 294.jpg

Man... I'll tell you what, this rocket looks like it's going fast even when it's standing still!

sizzler 297.jpg

Last edited:
I've been checking this thread regularly to see the progress. It's always fun to watch an obsessive/compulsive project :smile: I do have one question: Did you weight the rocket before you started painting? I really want to know how much weight all that paint added.

I've been checking this thread regularly to see the progress. It's always fun to watch an obsessive/compulsive project :smile: I do have one question: Did you weight the rocket before you started painting? I really want to know how much weight all that paint added.

Mini Statistics:
Join Date 10th October 2010
Total Posts 133

Find all threads started by Peter Olivola:
Sorry - no matches.

Show All Friends:
Peter Olivola has not made any friends yet.

Recent Visitors:
This page has had 15 visits.

The weights have been recorded. However, the information is not a matter of public record. Your request is denied. :grin:
Resubmit request in thirty days for further denial. :wink:

Please return to the page you were previously viewing.

Last edited:
All Krylon.
All 'New' Krylon.

No runs.
No drips.
No sagging.
No blisters.
No krinckling.
No hazing.
No blushing.

No problems.

sizzler 301.jpg

Attachments

• sizzler 297.jpg
    sizzler 297.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Turned out very ,very nice as usual T ,and a hellava good build thread !

The paint turned out great, I like the colors you chose.

I gotta say ,I`ve never had a problem with Krylon paints ,I actually like them a lot.........it`s just that primer ...well.....you know.

I don`t think ,well I know ,I`ve never had a problem with the paint doing any of the above you mentioned.

I used Krylon Bahamas Blue on my Minotaur ,and it turned out great ,and I love the color.That`s one thing about Krylon ,they have a nice color range.

See you

Paul T

Turned out very ,very nice as usual T ,and a hellava good build thread !

The paint turned out great, I like the colors you chose.

I gotta say ,I`ve never had a problem with Krylon paints ,I actually like them a lot.........it`s just that primer ...well.....you know.

I don`t think ,well I know ,I`ve never had a problem with the paint doing any of the above you mentioned.

I used Krylon Bahamas Blue on my Minotaur ,and it turned out great ,and I love the color.That`s one thing about Krylon ,they have a nice color range.

See you

Paul T

Very kind words! Thank you.

Back