• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Semroc Saturn 1b Kit for sale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BSNW

Reaction score
Hello-

I am selling an original Semroc Saturn 1B kit. Meaning it was purchased before the untimely passing of the owner of Semroc years ago. I believe this kit was purchased in 2013 or 2014.

At the time, I gently opened the kit and removed the instructions (only). I read them, then gently replaced the instructions in the box and resealed it with clear tape. It has been lovingly stored and other than being gently opened, is in mint condition. I do not believe this kit is in production at e-rockets.

I will accept the best offer above $60.00. I will give it a couple of weeks to see what the offers are, if any. I will let person know it is theirs via PM. I accept payment via PayPal and the buyer pays for shipping.

I am hoping that this kit gets built and flown. I feel guilty I never built it. This kit needs to fulfill its destiny.

Best
Andrew

saturn 1.jpg

saturn 2.jpg

Last edited:
What is the price to just buy the kit? I'm interested in the kit, but don't want to wait a few weeks for an auction.

I appreciate your enthusiasm and interest in the kit. However, I have had a number of replies and bids already. The sale was set up this way and it would be terribly bad form to change it now. I am sorry you have to wait, and I do appreciate your reply. However, when considering the length of time it will take to build this kit, two weeks won't make that much of a difference.

The offers I have received have been swift and, shall I say, eye opening! Toss in your best offer via PM and we shall see!

I hope you understand.

Kind Regards,
Andrew

Okay-

Very sorry. Remove the thread if you wish. My apologies, I did not know. Pure ignorance on my part.

Andrew
Now that you know, are you willing to migrate to a fixed-price strategy?

If not and you want to take bids, eBay is the place!

Whats the difference between what I did and saying $500.00 or best offer?
Andrew

Andrew
Well first, no one will be paying hundreds of dollars for a box of cardboard tubes and some old balsa, especially if it's only 10 or so years old. Second, $500 is a price and you can choose to accept anything less. It is not an auction.

Well first, no one will be paying hundreds of dollars for a box of cardboard tubes and some old balsa, especially if it's only 10 or so years old. Second, $500 is a price and you can choose to accept anything less. It is not an auction.

I have actually sold a number of kits of "old tubes and balsa" for hundreds of dollars. Depends on the kit.

This is crazy, I will either toss it or give it away at a launch. Guess I got sent to the "Group W" bench with Arlo because I didn't sell my paper and wood rocket properly.

Andrew
The difference is that if someone is willing to pay $500 and they're first to let you know, they get the item. With an auction-style listing, someone willing to pay $500 doesn't mean they can purchase the item, as someone else can always step in and outbid them.

But you do make a point in that saying, "$500 or best offer" does have some parallels to an auction. In particular, it's very similar (if not the same) as a reverse auction.

Whether auctions or "best offer" listings are "right" or "wrong" is subject to an endless debate. Therefore, you go with what the forum rules require.

Adjusted the rules. This one clearly skated to the line on purpose. After this one: (“For Sale” items must have a price in the post. Users can report items without a price for deletion. TRF is not an auction site, so asking for bids is verboten).

This change is to prevent complaints from the past and prevent MODs from having to be referees. We have no means to investigate who won and this is not an auction site.

Last edited:
Back