Scratchbuild "Trashicorn" Material Selection thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RWmarlow

Reaction score
th.jpg

Hand selected Commercial Grade Procter and Gamble "Bounty" (about 1.65 in.)Series Tubing this will be the "inner sleeve"

Kimberly-Clark "Cottonelle" series tubing 4"L X 1.66 I.D. (sanitation grade) will be the outer airframe...stack.jpg

Thanks To Jos. Schlitz for the centering ring and bulkhead stock....I chose the "Ice" labeled ones due to stock on hand
mil.jpg

I figure i'd kick it old school and use the "Eagle Claw" Braided steel "Classic" not sure how the motor Retention "hook" got in the leader.jpgpic

A shot of the postman delivering a large order of USPS grade cat. no. # D-1097 Fiber cell laminate fin stock
fin stock.jpg

Motor tube raw stock hand delivered from just outside of Chattanooga....notice the ability to see SEVEN states may not apply to this build
motor mount.jpg

Lucky Find at Hobby Lobby....(it wasn't dented) Ultralight and the basic Factory shaping means less work!
cone.jpg

Chute materials... Shroud line By P.O.H....(Red Cross Issue)poh.jpg Canopy (Rated at Party Strength)bag.jpgand the all important Tape discdisc.jpg

Adhesive selection...I passed on these two glue.jpgelm.jpg and chose this brand gloo.jpg

Centering rings...custom shaped donut.jpg and ready for the "curing process"....actually the build starts AFTER breakfast

I love trashy rockets! Bravo on your humorous build description...horse hide glue...:rofl:

Rolled A 27mm tube for the F100-0 BP SU (Trashicorn Became a two stage)....remembering the old school BP altitude contests...Staging to and Estes E12....lot's o' boom Factor!

I haven't updated this in a while....most of my spare time is filling the tube joints and spirals of seven toilet paper cores end to end....but I have taken a look at three items that might help with the fin fillets etc. zooka.jpg i have walked on this stuff and it seems durable and tenacious...next..bubble.jpg
and lastly shinola.jpg

Rolled A 27mm tube for the F100-0 BP SU (Trashicorn Became a two stage)....remembering the old school BP altitude contests...Staging to and Estes E12....lot's o' boom Factor!

"Kamikaze" might be an appropriate name...YIKES!!!!!

Back