Scale Cruise

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minuteman

Reaction score
Hey all, first post so I thought I'd let you all know what I'm working on. Right now I've got the design and scaled down version of a 3.33 scale Tomahawk Cruise Missile also known as the BGM-109. Its a pretty sweet looking heres the

Diameter: 6"
Length: 60.3"
Span: 34"
Weight (w/o Motor, Electronics, Etc):aprox. 2 lbs

Jpg of the RockSim files

the first image is the design with 4 tail fins and the second one with 3

Whatcha all think?

mini_cruise.jpg

mini_cruise3.jpg

4 compliments teh wings better! So are you making a scale missle tube too?:p

Haha, maybe..... :p I'm a cartography and GIS major, and I'm getting into guidance systems and the like. So I figure if things develop its a great platform for research. But for now I'm going to be putting a ducted fan in the rear of the rocket. So once it reaches its apogee then it can be flown like an R/C plane. I'm still working on the airfoils, but it all seems promising :) The tube is coming in the mail soon soo I'll send pictures soon

Hey guys, I thought I would give you an update, I have the Body Tube. Its a Public Missiles tube. 6" in diameter, and Its 48" tall :surprised: I couldn't believe it when I saw it. The nosecones and tail cones are being manufactured by a custom turning company so they look good. I plan on putting up some pictures once I get them. I build a scale of the scale. Looked kinda cool.

Latest posts

Back