Saving simulations in OR

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lister

Fresh out of Stasis.
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's the way I have OpenRocket set up but every time I select a new motor and run a sim OR changes the motor in all the previous simulations to the new selection, needless to say this makes it hard to compare results :facepalm: . Is there any way to get around this?

Are you clicking "New Simulation" each time you run a simulation?

Usually the program will automatically use the last engine added and create a new simulation slot. But other times you have to manually click "new simulation". That has only happened to me once. Make sure you have the correct motor selected in the pull down menu in your design pane (upper right of the model pane). Maybe you are selecting a "copy" option rather than "create new". I may have a chance to get on OR tonight and see if I can duplicate your problem, if you haven't sorted it out by then.

Mike

Thanks guys, problem solved. I didn't realise I had to select a motor when in the "new simulation" menu, when I select a motor from there and hit "plot" the previous sims are not overwritten by the new motor.:)

:facepalm: let me correct that.......I wasn't hitting "save" after each new simulation.:pc:

Last edited:
When you are making a new rocket in OR, you shouldn't have to do that. Under "Motors and Configuration" tab, when you hit "New Configuration"it should automatically add a simulation row on the "Flight Simulations" tab. Not real sure what the problem is you were having, I haven't been able to duplicate it, but I am not a master. At least you got it to working.

Good luck.

Mike

Back