Saturn 5 build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug Foster

Reaction score
I just purchased the Estes S5 Skylab model 1:100 but I want modify it to be an Apollo version with the third stage and command/service modules. Ideally build the first 2 stages and be able to convert back and forth between Skylab and Apollo versions. Has anyone attempted this?

I have a 2157 Saturn that got damaged on the fairings. It's my display model now as I'm flying at 1969 SatV. My plan is to, once the SkyLab SatV is built, to swap out the 'upper' from 2157 when I want to fly it as an Apollo SatV. If you build from scratch, you'll need a BT-58, the blow-molded LEM housing/transition (or just roll your own), and the 1/100 Apollo capsule & tower

I just purchased the Estes S5 Skylab model 1:100 but I want modify it to be an Apollo version with the third stage and command/service modules. Ideally build the first 2 stages and be able to convert back and forth between Skylab and Apollo versions. Has anyone attempted this?
Tough build.

I just realized something! I am also building the 1:100 S1B rocket which has the full Apollo lunar section-So I am thinking it should be straight forward to adapt that to the S5 model?

As of now Erockets has a capsule, BT 58 (service module), BT 80 (S IVB). Estes has the LEM shroud, Need to find the wraps for the transition from BT 80 to BT 101 and make the other transitions.

Maybe these will help. Sorry I did not put a ruler beside them for scale.

Attachments

• Scan_20181229 (3).pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • Scan_20181229 (4).pdf
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
Back