SARA/ SOUTHERN ARIZONA ROCKETRY ASSOCIATION

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Available light photos on a totally dark night from the "K" pad. I love it! Thanks Joyce, great photos!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for your kinda words! Always love night launches! :pop:

I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to do a cluster, but 2 different colored motors in a double helix fashion.
I know there's a challenge of getting them to light properly with the same thrust...

Love the long exposure shots

Just finished checking out your pictures, great job Joyce! The one above is my favorite

Available light photos on a totally dark night from the "K" pad. I love it! Thanks Joyce, great photos!

It would be doable with similar thrust curves. A canted motor mount ("Duces Wild" style) with angled fins to induce spin. A two stage rocket with two different color motors would be cool also. There are almost unlimited possibilities for night launches.

Last edited:
Looking at purchasing a skidmark for a november launch. Do you guys forsee any range related issues for skidmarks this november?

I would not plan on it. There is a lot of dry grass around that we need to remove soon. If you order a sparky get a non-sparky one also as a fall back plan.

How was that Oct. 24th launch? any pics?
looks like The Dec 12th launch is one we can make and looking forward to it. Is there a weed eating party planned?

I too would be interested in clearing some weeds from the launch site. I have an L1365 Metalstorm that I would like to send up in my upscale 7.5" x 97" Little John at the December launch. I won't be able to make the November launch, but will be available on a Saturday for some weeding.

Thanks to all, for your interest and offers of assistance.
I await the SARA board response!
I will post yea or nay as soon as I have a confirmation yea or nay!
Ken

Last edited:
Just a heads-up:
Tuesday Nov. 17th 8:30AM to 1PM SARA field Work Fly Day (Class 1 Rockets and motors- NO-WAIVER) is looking good.
I will post again, when the official email blast goes out.
Ken Weaver

Last edited:
Just a heads-up:
Tuesday Nov. 17th 8:30AM to 1PM SARA field Work Fly Day (Class 1 Rockets and motors- NO-WAIVER) is looking good.
I will post again, when the official email blast goes out.
Ken Weaver

Sounds good....in the mean time I'm gonna start packin this stuff up and be ready for some midweek fun flying out south of AJ. AZ. Tomorrow morning.

IMG_20151102_075656_290.jpg

There's gonna be at least 3 disappointed people out there if you don't make it

We did get to fly south of A.J. this morning. But that wind shut us down. 2 Estes E9 motors. 2 Estes F50-6W motors and an Estes A10 . No G or H motors. The winds kicked up to 18 MPH steady so for safety.....we decided no fly. Note in the pics... Fire line....fire extinguisher.... first aid kit.....our PA system not pictured. And our 4 pads. Brett had this site set up real nice today. Canopy...table and chairs.....binoculars. 2 way radio communication.. Wewill get to fly those H motors at the SARA site cleanup and Fun launch ( hopefully Nov17).

IMG_20151103_105809_383.jpg

IMG_20151103_092804_967.jpg

IMG_20151103_092103_063.jpg

IMG_20151103_101120_587.jpg

IMG_20151103_092119_216.jpg

Indeed! Had a great time! Darn "el-Nino" I guess? Still blowing up some dust here in San Tan Valley. Amazing how much that wind can carry those tiny little rockets. Hey, no earthquakes at least! I look forward to getting a six pack launch controller soon so we can do away with our "misfire alley" setup
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1446589009.934591.jpg
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1446588934.734965.jpgImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1446588896.085293.jpg

Hi Brett,
SO when do you open for business?:wink:
Where are the Rockets.
that looks like at least 3 flights per month for over a year!:drool:
Let's see them fly!:cool2:
Enjoy!
Ken

Does anyone have an idea when the January launch is? The UA 3D printer is backlogged so I can't get a part manufactured in time for this launch.

I have a question for SARA members and anyone else that would like to share there thoughts on this subject.

When you are planning out your monthly club launch objective, are you thinking about what you want to achieve or accomplish at a particular launch, or do you have the rest of the club and spectators in mind, or both?

For me, as a new (less than a year) member of SARA, and even newer to HPR (L2 last month), I try to help out where and when I can. Volunteering to set up or take down range equipment, mowing weeds around the launch area, etc. is about the extent of my qualified tasks I can preform to be of service. I'm not even thinking about moving to L3 any time soon...I am however, currently studying up on the NAR TSO program so I can do more for the club as RSO or LCO duty in the future. Yes there are times when you are focused on your own personal goals or particular flight, like a cert. attempt or first dual deploy, no matter what it is, SAFETY of others including spectators should always be the top priority for everyone. That's why / how clubs for anything function and grow or for that matter fall apart and fail. It takes more than a few people to make everything run smoothly. I try to learn as much as possible from other flyers at most launches; however, my focus can be on helping my 7 or 5 year old find their way to a suitable "restroom" at a moments notice! Range duty will just have to wait in that instance. No one person can "do it all" much less "all of the time" responsibilities and duties must be shared or delegated for success.
In general I think most members are willing to share the load. I'm truly grateful for having such a diverse group of people that share my same interest of safe, fun, educational, promotion of our hobby nearby.
Regards,
Brett

Latest posts

Back