Rouse Tech CD3 CO2 Ejection Kit

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh Anderson

Reaction score
Hello, I recently came across one of these kits in my universities Rocket room and I was wondering if anyone else who has one of these who could help me with some dimensions on a component we’re missing. The smaller of the CO2 systems (red assembled one in the picture below) is missing it’s plunger that punctures the CO2 canister. This component is smaller than the one for the larger gray CO2 system so we need to re-machine this component, but need the dimensions. If anyone has one of these could you measure and create me a side view profile of the plunger piece? I’ve shown the picture of the piece we need measured below. Thanks!!

Attachments

• 0E3C59E3-894A-461F-943D-3F50534622EE.png
    0E3C59E3-894A-461F-943D-3F50534622EE.png
    39.8 KB · Views: 58
  • D7F8F372-AE53-4031-819E-24E0829A7E7E.jpeg
    D7F8F372-AE53-4031-819E-24E0829A7E7E.jpeg
    241.2 KB · Views: 59
My guess is that someone made the grey one as it doesn't look like the 4 units I have. I can try and measure my plunger latter tonight and get the dimensions. Would a Solidworks file be okay?

My guess is that someone made the grey one as it doesn't look like the 4 units I have. I can try and measure my plunger latter tonight and get the dimensions. Would a Solidworks file be okay?
A solidworks model would be perfect, thanks!

Hello, I recently came across one of these kits in my universities Rocket room and I was wondering if anyone else who has one of these who could help me with some dimensions on a component we’re missing. The smaller of the CO2 systems (red assembled one in the picture below) is missing it’s plunger that punctures the CO2 canister. This component is smaller than the one for the larger gray CO2 system so we need to re-machine this component, but need the dimensions. If anyone has one of these could you measure and create me a side view profile of the plunger piece? I’ve shown the picture of the piece we need measured below. Thanks!!

Send me an email address and I'll forward your request to the guy who I believed designed these. He may be able to get you the info you're after.

-Kevin

My guess is that someone made the grey one as it doesn't look like the 4 units I have.

The gray one looks like the RouseTech 'El Grande' that uses the large CO2 cylinder at the top of the picture.

A solidworks model would be perfect, thanks!
I have the Solidworks .sldprt for the plunger, just need an email since TRF does not recognize .sldprt files as valid formats, here is an .stl (probably not useful for your purpose) generated from the .sldprt.

Attachments

• RousetechCDD3cartridgepuncturepiston.STL
    78.6 KB · Views: 9
Back