Rotisserrie

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnutt90804

Reaction score
I need ideas on making the rotisserie for my tube glassing work i have to do.

I have a electric grass trimmer motor to use for the power and I am looking at some stands that will hold the rod. But i do not have a good plan for connecting the motor to the rod or mounting the motor to a frame. I will be glassing a 100mm tube first and then the 7.5 LOC tube for my L3 project.

Some pictures would be great to see or links to web pages

thanks for the help

Look around for a rotisserie motor with a hole of 1/4"; many of them are a bit smaller.
Anyway, get one with a 1/4" hole then get a 1/4" to 3/8" socket adapter.
The one I found fits perfectly into a 1/2" copper tube double female coupler.
Then just use 1/2" copper tube for the rotisserie rod.

View attachment rocketrotisserie.bmp

I just made one this winter that has worked pretty good. It was the first time I fiberglassed an airframe as well. It was made to accommodate 7.5" x 48" tubes was the goal and It worked out great. It is a little extravagant for what I see most use but It only took a day to put it together tinkering with it. I used it indoors and covered a 4" airframe, 3 sections using 2 levels. Made the frame out of 2x6 pine and a rotisserie motor I got off ebay are the major parts. Here is a picture of it.
1stfgj2.jpg

I was going to use PVC pipe but electrical conduit was on hand and works good, I used 3/4" but I haven't had any big tubes on it yet, seams ridged enough.

Latest posts

Back