Recommendations for caulk gun for use with Six10 epoxy?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave S.

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I like Six10 eproxy for fin fillets. it’s so cool and easy to use - it comes in these tubes you squeeze out with a caulk gun.

The problem for me is my caulk gun. I have the cheapest one you could possibly get. The amount of force it takes to squeeze out even a little bit of this epoxy is incredible - I can hardly even do it. The fillets come out great but this gun is a problem.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a caulk gun on Amazon that is reasonably priced and does not require such a super strong squeeze to get even a little bit of Six10 out of the tube? They even have electric ones - I might be open to that.

Amazon links too if possible.

Have you tried warming up the epoxy? At 90 or 100 degrees F, I'd guess it comes out a lot easier. I don't know if that would be easier enough.

Years ago, we used two part urethane at work that we got in cartridges with those splitter mixer things. I'm sure they take a whole lot of pressure to get anything with much viscosity through them. As I recall, we used a special pneumatic caulking gun. Previously, we had just weighed out and mixed the stuff, but you could mix by hand for a long time and still have problems. I got away with it using some other urethane recently, though. I think I spent 4 minutes mixing an ounce or so. Epoxy doesn't seem to be quite so fussy.

I like Six10 eproxy for fin fillets. it’s so cool and easy to use - it comes in these tubes you squeeze out with a caulk gun.

The problem for me is my caulk gun. I have the cheapest one you could possibly get. The amount of force it takes to squeeze out even a little bit of this epoxy is incredible - I can hardly even do it. The fillets come out great but this gun is a problem.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a caulk gun on Amazon that is reasonably priced and does not require such a super strong squeeze to get even a little bit of Six10 out of the tube? They even have electric ones - I might be open to that.

Amazon links too if possible.

I used Octogun. It has a 12:1 thrust ratio.

I bought a battery operated Craftsman caulk gun. Has variable speed from 0-6 in .1/.2 increments. You can dial any speed you want. I just chose a speed that matched how fast I like to move. Put out the perfect amount. Expensive? Maybe/Maybe not. It is one of those tools I do not regret buying and would buy again. I love it...

1708392341135.png

I've also got a cheapo caulk gun... the forearm pump is real!

My son is a Rock Climbing coach in college, when he was doing the fins on his rocket he was shaking the arms out between filets

Back