Rocstock November recount

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watermelonman

Reaction score
Sorry if there is an existing discussion; I did not see one.

Paul Pittinger of LUNAR and myself headed down to Lucerne Valley for Rocstock November. It was a heck of a drive! Lots of rocket fun, though, and a big thanks to ROC for the good times. Probably my best bit of footage was the onboard camera from my L3 bird on an L1115 to about 14k. Here is a frame grab -
ozvjOQr.jpg

I believe this was a Wildman Shapeshifter on M2080 skidmark that belonged to Dave and Rob Lees? Sorry if I got any part of that wrong, and please feel free to contact me for full resolution copies.
I3MFG92.png

Please tell me if you know who this belongs to, and I have several full resolution to share if the owner wants them.
BvJaFmL.png

Nice shots! The photo from the L1115 onboard is great. Also nice to see the Great Pumpkin back in the air. Is the Nike okay?

Last edited:
Know what caused the I303 failure? That's one of my favorites!

No idea! I was shocked. I fly a ton of 38mm Cesaroni blue and this was the first incident of any kind. Jeroen is helping me out, going to take a look at the pieces once the dealer gets them shipped back. Here is some onboard footage, though (vimeo 145757242) -
[video=vimeo;145757242]https://vimeo.com/145757242[/video]

Here is the big one, custom Wildman on L1115 to near 14k -
[video=vimeo;145897850]https://vimeo.com/145897850[/video]

If the forum is struggling with vimeo.com links again, go there and put 145897850 after the URL or search the number.

Hey there Watermelonman. You borrowed my shovel to dig out your Nike Nosecone. Had no Idea that was you, but it was nice to have briefly met you.

...Fudd

Hey there Watermelonman. You borrowed my shovel to dig out your Nike Nosecone. Had no Idea that was you, but it was nice to have briefly met you.

...Fudd

Hah, I should have asked around more folks if they were on here. Thanks a ton for the shovel and nice to meet you!

Nice shots! The photo from the L1115 onboard is great. Also nice to see the Great Pumpkin back in the air. Is the Nike okay?

I think it will be. There is cracking in the nose cone gelcoat, which I am not sure how to address or even if I should, but remarkably the fiberglass portion of it seems fine. The airframe only seems to have suffered paint damage due to flexing.

Back