Rockets and the Pregnant Wife

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleepinggiant

Reaction score
Soooo... I went a bit nuts on the Estes sale (who didn't? at least LPR people) and got an undetermined number of rockets. I think it's around twenty, but with three separate orders and a strong desire not to know, I never counted. My wife was quite understanding (hey! it's a $43 rocket for five bucks! I bought five!) and even said she'd build a mega mosquito for herself. So far so good...

So a couple days ago I was looking around, and the Newway nike smoke and sky spike caught my eye, and then i figured i might as well throw in that square oddrock while I was at it. I asked my wife today if any packages arrived. "No." She inquired as to what I was expecting. "uh rockets." "MORE???!!!!!".

Anyway, my build pile is now heading for 40, and baby #2 on the way in april isn't going to help that. I'm considering having future rocket orders shipped to my work place and smuggled home. Is that just bad or really bad?

From Connecticut, Pregnant Wife, Big Build Pile,.......

Yup. You're &$%^$#.:(

Sorry to be of no help.

the Newway nike smoke and sky spike caught my eye, Anyway, my build pile is now heading for 40, I'm considering having future rocket orders shipped to my work place and smuggled home. Is that just bad or really bad?

Both are great kits

40 is just getting started...

But probably go with bad.......

So from a man that build rockets in his office, I'm probably not the best one to ask... but I will say that the UPS and Fedex guys know me as well as anyone in the community and I know their families, interests, hobbies, etc. They know what, and more importantly, what not to deliver to my house. What is really bad is when the workplace overflows and you have to go out and rent a storage space :/

I've got three daughters under two. Forget about time to build. Between kids and wife just kiss it all goodbye. Wake up at 6 pull a 12 hour day, come home, cook, juggle babies, sleep five hours, get **** for sleeping so much, repeat.

My wife is cool though so I get some time here and there. Over the summer she was great about getting to launches. Just gotta make sure you get her time alone....massages....etc

You can still do it, but it does require a bit more of a erratic build schedule. Basically you can do some building when wife and kids are napping (Daddy's quiet time!)

Launches are a bit trickier, but try to word it so she'll think it's her idea for you to launch a few.

Back