Rocketry Warehouse 4 inch Nike-Smoke Build Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Switch is in. It'll get covered up while painting. Then hand painted flat white.
2014-04-18-Nike-Smoke-4.0-0002.jpg

Fins are on. Internal fillets are messy. The thick aeropoxy was used. Hell I paid for it, I have to use it up somewhat / get rid of it somehow. :lol: It stays where you put it.
2014-04-26-Nike-Smoke-4.0-0003.jpg

2014-04-26-Nike-Smoke-4.0-0004.jpg

The inside of the main tube was slathered with the aeropoxy as was the rear edges of the fins. And then the aft centering ring was tapped with a dowel and hammer until it was up against the fin tabs.
2014-04-26-Nike-Smoke-4.0-0006.jpg

Looking good... time to sand before primer.

Well no, time to drill the vent holes and rail button holes... THEN primer. :)
2014-04-27-Nike-Smoke-4.0-0001.jpg

Jeff,
Be careful when hammering in the aft CR, if its pulling the MM left or right you may pop either exterior fillet or the fin to MM joint.

Jeff,
Be careful when hammering in the aft CR, if its pulling the MM left or right you may pop either exterior fillet or the fin to MM joint.

Thanks for the advice! Agreed! I had the aft ring in (with pull tabs to get it out) during the fin cure so in theory the MMT should be on axis. But your advice is noted and appreciated!

Latest posts

Back