Rocketry design program?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jraice

Reaction score
I have seen it used many times and it looks very helpful (when trying to explain an idea to my dad he usually needs a visual aid). It is that program with different shapes and colors and labels, might not even be rocketry related. It is used by many people to make simple drawings showing how a deployment system works and stuff along those lines. Anybody know what I am talking about or what it actually is and where to find it?

I think what you are looking for is called Rocksim.8......it can be found at www.apogeerockets.com ...... and a free trial program can be had there....it is agreat program used by most serious rocketeers...even allows you to do flight simulations using any motors....click on rocket software....good luck....used it myself to design my level 3 project.....flew to 19,700ft on a m motor...would have been lost without it jim h

I have rocksim 7, that isnt what I am talking about, and I am not even talking about a rocketry related software, but I have seen it used for rocketry, for showing a recovery or construction setup, people on the rocketry online chat use it and they make these "sketchs" or diagrams pretty quickly. The pictures are probably traced by the user because they can be made to like like almost anything rocketry related and can be color coded and labeled. I guess if nobody knows I will just bring out the graph paper and a pencil...

No substitute for old school drawings. Can't expect a computer to do the work for you.

Edward

It's not just Paint is it?
Some folks are pretty good with it and fast.
If you could find a screen shot or something it might help.
And when you figure it out, let us know in case it's something new fangled and wizbang.

Greg

no screen shots, possible that it is paint... well I might try paint out, I am trying to show my dad how my two stage system idea works.

Well I guess it isnt a free simple thing, I made a simple drawing with paint but I couldnt do the entire rocket, just did the assembly between the booster and sustainer, it is part of the booster...

I use a little program called AutoCAD.

It's not free though.... :D And it's not simple.....

...but it allows you to make great drawings....

:p

Back