Rocket Found at Argonia

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troj

Wielder Of the Skillet Of Harsh Discipline
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Posted on behalf of Kent Burnett (FreddieJoJo here on the forum):

LDRS 30 Rocket found

Another rocket has been returned at Argonia from LDRS. It appears to be a Performance Rocketry style of kit, 58.5" x 1.5" in excellent, ready to fly again condition. The motor hardware was spit out and not found. This isn't a carbon/fiber rocket, but a filament/fiberglass with carbon-black in the resin. No tracking system, but it has a Featherweight altimeter and av-bay. Other features include black g10 fins, Giant Leap Acme Rail Guides attached by a black type of epoxy (not JB Weld), small-black removable rivets and what appears to be 1/8" Tubular Kelvar which we sell. It appears both charges fired, the drogue deployed, but the main was far to tight to eject.

Please review the photos and help me find the owner. The previous lost rocket which was returned after five years has been delivered to the owner thanks to the sharp eyes of Chuck Haskins.

Thank you,

Kent/GLR
620-727-0045

-Kevin

ldrs30rocket.jpg

I don't know whose it is, but I'd be willing to bet that that is a Blackhawk 38 from Wildman.... Maybe that'll spark someone's memory.....

G.D.

I saw the post to the TRA list and was hoping it was a minimum diameter 4" rocket with 98mm Medusa nozzle... :(

I don't know whose it is, but I'd be willing to bet that that is a Blackhawk 38 from Wildman.... Maybe that'll spark someone's memory.....

G.D.

I would agree. The proportions fit that rocket.

Hi, I just wanted to bring this string back up to try and find the owner for this rocket. Please advise.

Kent/GLR
620-727-0045

Back