rocket clubs & launchsites in GA

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JOEROCKET

Reaction score
Anybody got any info on lp-mp rocket clubs around Newnan, Ga?? How about launch sites?

JOE,

Checkout the website for Southern Area Rocketry SOAR.

https://www.soar571.com/

I had the pleasure of flying at the Lily, GA site once. I did my level 1 there.

If you are ever in the South Alabama area check out SEARS at www.sears572.com

Thanks,

Greg

Thanks everyone I joined SOAR and will join GAMMA soon!
Anyone going to the SOAR launch on oct 22nd?

Originally posted by JOEROCKET
Anybody got any info on lp-mp rocket clubs around Newnan, Ga?? How about launch sites?

GAMMA, when it was an Atlanta club, flew from White Oak Elementary school's field for a couple of years (before they built a high school there and the adjoining field became a subdivision) in '91-'92. I flew my Tripoli confirmation flight there with a NCR Phantom 4000 and an H128. Also flew the MegaAlpha with an I211 there. Four times. Always landed within a 100 ft. of the pad. Now you look at it and you wonder how we even flew a regular Alpha on an A8-3.

SoAR used to fly from a couple of sites near Newnan.
There was a sod farm in Whitesburg that we flew at for a year in 2000 before we got kicked off for being too big, and for some strange reason we flew from McIntosh Reserve for a few months in 2001. I suppose that's still available for personal launches.

Originally posted by JOEROCKET
where's McIntosh Reserve???

about 10 miles west as the crow flies, but you take the main drag from Newnan to the northwest up toward Whitesburg, then turn left on highway 5 after you cross the river. McIntosh Reserve is a state park, I think. You go into the park and you go down almost to the river, and there's the field.

Back