Rest In Peace, Sinead O’Connor, 56

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
The singer who's likely most famous song was "Nothing Compares 2U", has been reported as having passed away. No details on the cause of her passing have been announced. She was preceded by her son who died by his own hand 18 months ago.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...months-17-year-old-son-Shane-passed-away.html

Rest In Peace Sinead

If you are having any feeling of self harm or suicide please seek help
Help and support is available right now if you need it. You do not have to struggle with difficult feelings alone.

I've posted this before, but this is perhaps one of the greatest concert openings I've ever seen.....simply brilliant:

Rest in peace indeed Sinead,
s6

Everyone cites "Nothing Compares......" which is indeed fantastic and deserving of the accolades it gets.

But her first album "the Lion and the Cobra", recorded when she was just 19 or 20 was simply breathtaking. The writing, performance, raw guts, and sheer power were astonishing. And that voice.........absolutely unique. No auto-tune, and a recording that wasn't compressed to death like everything is these days (her power actually created distortion in the process a few times).

The track "Mandinka" became a pop hit, and that's exactly what it was....a pop song. But then there was "Troy", which was just amazing. There's a lot of diversity throughout the whole album. This is perhaps my favourite track from it:

s6

Latest posts

Back