RIP This Price Is Right's, Bob Barker, 99

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
The Price Is Right's Host, Bob Barker, passed away at the age of 99.

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture...gtime-price-right-host-dies-xx-hold-rcna42292
I can't tell you how many summer days, snow days, and sick days I spent watching him on TPIR at 10 in the morning as a kid. He was a fixture of the lives of kids who grew up in the 70s and 80s.

In an ironic online obituary, someone said "He kept rolling without going over 100"

Thanks for the fun and entertainment Bob

Rest In Peace

And He'd remind you "To help control the pet population. Have your pets spayed or neutered."

Last edited:
TPIR at 10 in the morning as a kid.
I spent my early teenage years watching TPIR, mostly because Dian Parkinson showed up in a bikini during the showcase showdown, as they usually gave away a boat or jetski. But Holly, the bumbling redhead, was the favorite because she had all the funny stuff. Usually it was something like a fridge and she couldn't get the door to stay closed after opening it. I knew it was all staged that way, but still, made for entertaining TV.

I watched more than my share.

Can tell you how much a washer and dryer cost in 1985, and back then I'd never bought a set.

Back