Recommendations for a good rocket for my first duel deployment rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raymond3457

Reaction score
As stated in the title. I am looking for a good rocket kit to build for my first duel deployment rocket. Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

As stated in the title. I am looking for a good rocket kit to build for my first duel deployment rocket. Thanks in advance for the suggestions.
What's your budget? What size motors do you want to fly on? What materials are you comfortable working with?

There are a lot of good options out there, but it's hard to make a specific recommendation to such a broad request.

I like 3” diameter fiberglass. Both Madcow and Wildman have some pretty good choices to choose from. Dark Star or Frenzy would be my choice.

For highpower i always suggest the 4" cardboard Madcow DX3. It's a great rocket IMO, I did my L1 and L2 cert with it. A 4" body tube is big enough to get you're hand in and the DX3 fins are nice and beefy so won't break easily on hard landings.
+1 on his recommendation

What's your budget? What size motors do you want to fly on? What materials are you comfortable working with?

There are a lot of good options out there, but it's hard to make a specific recommendation to such a broad request.
Well, budget is whatever it takes to do it right. With that being said I am thinking $250 or less for just the rocket kit not counting electronics. I prefer wood and epoxy. I have never worked with fiberglass, but want to learn that at some point as well. Motors... I am getting my level one this month using the LOC 4" Goblin. I mention that because I enjoyed building it. So anything I will be able to launch with my level one.

Convert your Goblin to dual deploy....easy. Otherwise, the DX-3.

Back