Electronics Bay for 3 Inch tube

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Back_at_it

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm finally ready to take the next step into duel deploy. I have a BSM 3" school rocket along with some extra tubing that I plan to use for my first rocket as I would like to start small and learn. I've been looking around and I have found a number of places that make Ebay kits for BT55, BT60, etc. but I'm coming up empty when searching for 3 inch kits.

Does anyone have a source?

If Apogee does not sell one, then you are probably out of luck and need to make your own. I am in the process of doing so myself. Bear in mind that the BMS 3 inch is "thin wall" and the ebays made for HPR 3 inch tubes won't fit nicely and will be way too heavy for such a lightweight rocket.

Even worse, the 3" couplers sold by BMS don't fit their own 3" tubes. Makes no sense. The solution to make your own electronic bay is to buy the Apogee couplers (the red ones) for thin-wall 3" tubing, 2 coupler bulkplates from Apogee, and 2 body tube bulkplates (either BMS or Apogee).

I'm finally ready to take the next step into duel deploy. I have a BSM 3" school rocket along with some extra tubing that I plan to use for my first rocket as I would like to start small and learn. I've been looking around and I have found a number of places that make Ebay kits for BT55, BT60, etc. but I'm coming up empty when searching for 3 inch kits.

Does anyone have a source?
I do 3" ebays for loc couplers.
https://dragonrocketry.com/products/3-1x8-electronics-bay

Take your bulkheads, drill 2 holes for a 10-32 all thread 1/2" in from the edge. Cut all thread to length, attach one side permanent to bulkhead with lock nuts and flat washers. cut 1/8" ply to 2 3/4" width for as long as your bay will need. Slide plastic tubing down all thread, attach other bulkhead and lay 1/8" ply on plastic tubing and glue to it. You now have made a sled that can be removed if needed.

Back