Question Regarding the printing of card stock models

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my previous threads I've mentioned these links of the models.

Now, My question is How or where do get the models printed out with 100 LB paper ?
or even in the size it requires ??

Notice that the new sheets are 13 x18. Was going to say take them to anyone of the several "copy" shops that are run by Fedx express or UPS store, not sure if they can do that size, was thinking they can do 11x17.

Another option might be to do what I did: Buy a used printer off of ebay. Paid less than $100 for mine many years ago. I design and build cardstock models and wanted more options to print them on larger sheets.

If you can't find somewhere to print them, try getting a PDF program that will do "Tile" printing to print them on small sheets.

If you try the "fit" setting to print them on smaller sheets, you will find they scale wrong, meaning the parts won't fit together very well.

67lb Cover is about the same as 100lb Index like you mention. Hardest part is going to find 13" x 18" cardstock. You can try on-line to get what you want, 13" x 18" is a photo sized sheet and you might find some quality photo papers that will work. Most are about twice as thick however.

Good luck with your project.

Mike

The 1:144 Scale N-1 will print out on standard letter (8 1/2 X 11") sheets but, like Mike pointed out, the 1:96 scale N-1 is going to be a problem.

The Shuttle Orbiter and Tank were made to print on A4 size sheets which is slightly narrower and slightly longer than standard letter size but I found that there is enough margin area around the parts to be able to print them on standard letter size sheets.

OR print on legal cardstock if you can't get A4 stock. It will fit the Shuttle Orbiter and Tank wih some waste at bottom of sheet which I keep for re-enforcement for others things in a model.

I have noticed lately that my printer has been missing the final half-inch or so of a page when printing cardstock models. Yet it prints an entire page when I print coupons, packing slips, and other documents. Do I need to make an adjustment? How?

Back