Quest Q2G2 Igniters

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmmome

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I called Quest today because I was curious regarding the perpetual backorder of the igniters, which I use for my dual deploy charges. I was told that the igniters are made in China, and there was an accident at the plant (unrelated to Q2G2). The long story short is that although Quest is still trying to get the igniters, they don't know when or if they will.

Mike Momenee
TRA #12430 L3

[SIGH] It seems like years since these things were widely available. My stash is dwindling, I hope we haven't seen the last of them.

I too was "hooked" on them. Seemingly THE perfect thing for ejection charges especially, but great in many other applications. Bought them by the gross when they used to be available (and at a great price!). And then.......the whole "hard to get"/"backordered"/"not available" thing began, sure enough just as my own stash was dwindling.

So like many others, I started using ematches more and more. And luckily, many sources of inexpensive (but reliable) ematches (sometimes now called "starters") started showing up. So I started stocking up ematches in bulk, and pretty much used them exclusively for ejection charges and whatnot. And you know what?....they work great, are easy and cheap to get, and I'm perfectly content.

Q2G2s have now faded away into the past as far as I'm concerned. It was great while it lasted, but there are perfectly good alternatives now and I've "broken my habit" for them. If Q2G2s suddently became readily available again, AND I could by a dozen dozen of them for cheap, then yeah I'd probably get and use a bunch. But if not, I honestly don't really care any more. Life goes on, rockets get flown, and they've been left behind.

ssix

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. "Ships from and sold by eRockets." Looks like they have some of the long tails. You need to try a few in a cluster before they're gone Top.

I'd like to, but I went way over budget rocket wise this month.

I have heard they work excellent in Clusters. I only have two cluster rockets though, and I don't fly often, so I'll have to live without them.

I'd like to, but I went way over budget rocket wise this month.

I have heard they work excellent in Clusters. I only have two cluster rockets though, and I don't fly often, so I'll have to live without them.

,TopRamen: Q2G2's are outstanding for BP clusters 3 to 12 motors. A little hard to come by but if you can buy them. they are will worth the effort and money.
I just hope they will be coming back in stock with the new AT- Quest company.

,TopRamen: Q2G2's are outstanding for BP clusters 3 to 12 motors. A little hard to come by but if you can buy them. they are will worth the effort and money.
I just hope they will be coming back in stock with the new AT- Quest company.

I hope they can afford to make them in America, with skilled labor and lots of insurance for the inevitable accidents.

Yes, but that one registered as a small earthquake and was likely visible from orbit.

lengths? You are correct. I doubt there is an ematch that will fit an 18mm AT motor. Q2G2 will fit them.

lengths? You are correct. I doubt there is an ematch that will fit an 18mm AT motor. Q2G2 will fit them.

Oops meant lead lengths. Wouldn't be good on composite 18 mm. for sure. Head/ chip would most likely block the nozzle with undesirable results.

Just throwing an idea…

What about dipping the Estes Sonic Igniters? On G and below, I've actually had pretty good luck with them.

Back