QCRS Princeton Launch January 5th

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it weren't for the fact that they are BOTH females......you wouldn't have made it to your 16th birthday.

Hey, I just got home from work....any word yet on Manny's "Technicolor Yawn Jart" yet.......?

Jart+K740=really awesome........video coming soon..

It was "really cool"

The rocket actually flew straight!!!

Unfortunately..... Only a nose cone was recovered.

I didn’t put shear pins on the fin can section - Oh yeah thanks Crazy Jim who stated he never uses shear pins in the fin can area only on the nose cone) so the tail/fin section come down hard from about 4,000 ft, it made for a very entertaining whistle noise as it came in.
Regards,
John Olevich

Your welcome.

I still don't , BUT if I put a ton of weight in my nosecone and the payload weighed more than the fincan.......I would. My defense...there were many flying that didn't use pins in fincan & they flew fine. dee.....dee...... Deeeeeeeee.:grin:

dixon
What was it you flew? Did Wildman fly today? Wish I could have made it to the launch. Bong next weekend
GP

It was "really cool"

The rocket actually flew straight!!!

Unfortunately..... Only a nose cone was recovered.

Ok......so let me get this right....
No motor case....no electronics....no recovery system....NO BOOSTER.....
Now....I may NOT be the brightest bulb on the chandelier of life but.....but.....
manny.....Manny..........MANNNNNNY!!!

"First thou shall *insert* the *shear pins* on the Holy Hand Grenade".......

3-2-1......WHOOOOOSHKA!!!!!!!......"We have gone *plaid*!" 3,2,1.........*aerobrakes*.......SPLOOHEY!!!!!......1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11........SPLATT....@#%$!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Ok......so let me get this right....
No motor case....no electronics....no recovery system....NO BOOSTER.....
Now....I may NOT be the brightest bulb on the chandelier of life but.....but.....
manny.....Manny..........MANNNNNNY!!!

"First thou shall *insert* the *pins* on the Holy Hand Grenade"..........:sigh::sigh:

All the electronics were in the nose, I got everything back minus the case and booster. It may have came apart, I will have to look at the raven data to determine what happened....

All the electronics were in the nose, I got everything back minus the case and booster. It may have came apart, I will have to look at the raven data to determine what happened....

Praise the lord and, pass the gravy!! AT LEAST YOU GOT THE RAVENS BACK......:surprised: I'm guessing its little silicon based life form brain is thinking.....WHAT THE #@$%#@?& HAPPENED?

I'll use my carbon based "Gus-ti-mater" too help......here goes....ahem...

Ohhhh.....just sitting on a pad freezing my little silicon balls off....What's THAT kid got in mind this time?
I was REALLY happy sitting in the Jeep....nice and, warm....:sigh: Ohhhhh well....back to work....*beep**beep**boop* Battery good...check....Speed null...check...Pyro...check...Temperature.....Cold....check....*beep**beep**boop*
Did I hear someone counting?

*crack*wooooosssSSSSSHHHHH...HOLY MOTHER OF GOD WERE MOVING!!!:surprised: Oh blessed Lady of Speed and, Acceleration DON'T FAIL ME NOW!!!

Were slowing down!!!! Prepare to throw the anchor!!!

*pop*

What the heck!?

AAAAUGH!!!! Too Early...TOO EARLY!!! CAPTAIN....FIRE THE CANNONS!!!!!!:surprised:

AAAAAAWWWW $#!%!!!!!

OWWW!!!! Ooooooww....I'm spinning!!!! Oooooowww...Ooooooowwwwwwwww.............

*Splat*

ouch.......medic.....MEDIC!!

I STILL think you need more fiber in your diet.....I'll take care of that tomorrow..........

Last edited:
[YOUTUBE]kMTbsRwKw30[/YOUTUBE]

Still trying to get some data of this little green brick.......it went REALLY fast.....

Gus, I don't think I needed more fiber......I need more tube.....

Rocket quote of the month- "Did it work? Yes. Should it have worked? no...."~Jason Griffin

Last edited:
All joking aside,

Manny, it was an awesome flight and I was impressed. I encourage you to continue to push the envelope on projects that......."shouldn't work"

Good job buddy, It was fun.

-Tub

Jason
Did you guys have time for a little club bussiness?
MWP11 date?
Any other launch dates set 2013?
THanks
Gary
TFRLLC

Jason
Did you guys have time for a little club bussiness?
MWP11 date?
Any other launch dates set 2013?
THanks
Gary
TFRLLC

Yes Gary,

Club meeting went well.
MWP11 dates are Nov 1,2 & 3
No Feb, March, April....... Dates picked out yet. Will post as soon as decided.
Still waiting for the launch dates from the North (TWA and WOOSH)

Yes Gary,

Club meeting went well.
MWP11 dates are Nov 1,2 & 3
No Feb, March, April....... Dates picked out yet. Will post as soon as decided.
Still waiting for the launch dates from the North (TWA and WOOSH)

The meeting to confirm Bong dates is tomorrow, another day or two tells all.

I remember the flight more vertical than that.

Cool flight John, thanks for coming out and flying with us.
Thanks, I had fun but went home a little frozen.
Looking foward to more future launches with QCRS. Please post launch dates when available.
John Olevich

Back