Pumpkin Spice Apocalypse!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's just not go down the "asparagus pee" rabbit hole...
We’re doing it! I once read a study where they determined that everyone’s pee is affected by asparagus, but not everyone is able to smell it. And I think a lot about how that experiment was conducted to make that conclusion, and who in their right mind would volunteer for that study.

Asparagus is delicious BTW. Cilantro and cumin both taste great, too. Although, cumin does have a BO smell to it.

We’re doing it! I once read a study where they determined that everyone’s pee is affected by asparagus, but not everyone is able to smell it.
Thank you! I've been wondering about that for quite some time.
And I think a lot about how that experiment was conducted to make that conclusion, and who in their right mind would volunteer for that study.
I was planning to stand in the bathroom while my wife pees, then aske her to stand there while I do, when we both get up in the morning after eating some.

We've probably all seen the sarcastic signs for pumpkin spice motor oil. But you know how people say (sometimes, depending on the source) that the exhaust from biodiesel smells like french fries...

But you know how people say (sometimes, depending on the source) that the exhaust from biodiesel smells like french fries...
I once had a diesel rabbit with the "grease car" kit installed. This was a tank that sat in the spare tire well of the rear of the vehicle, and you started the car with straight diesel, let it warm up and then you could switch to the grease tank -- it was filled with used vegetable oil, like what you would cook with. We would clean up the veggie oil, and run it in the car (this required a ton of work passing the stuff through various filters).

And yes, when running on cooking oil, the exhaust did indeed smell like French Fries.

You had to remember to switch back to diesel about 5 minutes before shutting off the car, otherwise the cooking oil congeals and clogs up the fuel injectors.

I don't know about biodiesel smelling like Fries, as that's an entirely different thing than running on cooking oil. But I suppose it's possible.

I am absolutely one of those people who think cilantro tastes like soap. I instantly taste it in tacos or salsa whether from a restaurant or at home. My wife doesn't, but we've proven it a few times when she's tried to test me making a batch of salsa etc., just to see if I'm messing with her or being serious.

Cilantro tastes like soap, so you can use it to scrub the cumin out of your armpits and the anise out of your butt.

I like cilantro and cumin in lots of recipes. Cilantro took me awhile to warm up to when I was young, but I definitely enjoy it now. Cumin does have a hint of BO, but it works well in many foods. The spices that make up “pumpkin spice” are great in pumpkin pies or other kinds of spice desserts, like spice cakes. I think Angostura bitters has a kind of pumpkin spice note, and that’s an essential ingredient in a lot of great cocktails. But I never really got into the annual pumpkin spice mania.

I used to like those as a kid and kinda wished they had sold them year-round. But now as an adult (sorta); I see that something seasonal should be SEASONAL.

I loved those Shamrock Shakes as a kid, because they made my poop green, but if you poop green year-round, the novelty wears off. Keep it special.

I know a couple of people that taste soap when eating corriander (we don't call it cilantro here). Down here coriander seeds make coriander plants.

Yeah, the coriander seed comes from a plant that we mostly call cilantro in the States. I am going to guess the reason is that the main cuisine that uses cilantro (or coriander) leaves as an herb in the US is Mexican cuisine, and in Spanish, the coriander leaf herb is called cilantro. It wouldn’t be ‘Merica without Mexicans, and the Spanish language permeates American culture, so it makes sense we call it cilantro. Although now I know the coriander/cilantro leaf herb is often used in some southeast Asian cuisines as well.

Last time I was in Europe, I learned that what we call Arugula is referred to as Rocket in a lot of European countries. WTF? Arugula? Seriously? Why are we not calling this stuff Rocket? So much better…

Last time I was in Europe, I learned that what we call Arugula is referred to as Rocket in a lot of European countries. WTF? Arugula? Seriously? Why are we not calling this stuff Rocket? So much better…
We call it rocket down here. I said to my wife earlier this week when we were eating out that the only reason I ordered the salad was because it had rocket in it 🤣 . You should have seen the look she gave me.

Back