Propellent weight & Haz Mat

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And because you don't like paying a hazmat fee, how is that a "CTI oversight"?

To be able to ship USPS the grains need to be less than 30 grams and the propellant needs to be classified as 1.4S. CTI propellant is currently classified as 1.4C. So shipping USPS is not possible without DOT re-classification.

That's how.

bradycros said:
To be able to ship USPS the grains need to be less than 30 grams and the propellant needs to be classified as 1.4S. CTI propellant is currently classified as 1.4C. So shipping USPS is not possible without DOT re-classification.

That's how.

Ah, true this. Aren't we talking about a very small subset of their motors though? Even most 29mm grains are over 30g. Do these smaller motors (I have only flown 38 and 54 CTI stuff) have the igniter pellet or ship with an ematch? Maybe that impacts the classification.

Oh and shouldn't AT reloads that come with a Copperhead have to ship as toxic waste? =P

I have had this conversation with CTI.
there is a lot more to it than meets the eye.
I will just say this there is a lot of AP being shipped wrong and they want nothing to do with it.
If a vendor such as myself ships illegally and the MFG. knows about it and continues to sell to them they can also be liable to fines and prosecution.

Latest posts

Back