POJ-001 - my first scratch build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crossbound

Reaction score
Being fairly new to the hobby (little more then half a year) and after building some estes kits, I was immediately intrigued by OpenRocket and the possibility of designing an building my own rockets. So late last year I finished my first custom build, the POJ-001. :clap:

All parts were ordered from Semroc except the stuff I could pick up at any hobby store, i.e. balsa wood for the fins and eyelet. After building the rocket the CG was further back then OpenRocket predicted, so I had to add a little weight to the nose cone (it might have to do with the tube coupler that the Semroc engine mount comes with).

Earlier this year I got to launch it for the first time, and it was great to see my first D12 powered rocket fly so well. It flew very good on a C6 as well. OpenRocket simulated a good flight with an E9, but I don't think I want to send this small-ish rocket to 1500ft. :p

View attachment POJ-001.ork

POJ-001.png

POJ-001-3D.jpg

IMG_2926.jpg

IMG_2932.jpg

I'm so new to the Rocketry Forum, I didn't even know there was a liftoff gallery! :)
Thanks for the tip~!

Back