Plans for Halloween?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We will leave the lights off. Watch a scary movie and go to bed early.
School night Holloweens we don't get any traffic. Lights on last year and we got exactly one.

Trunk or treat.

Setting up a rocket with dacron over a light string in the back of the truck and dressing up like we work for NASA.

it was perfect weather last night, now tonight it will be 30 degrees cooler and raining. It's my least favorite event of the year anyway but the grandkids love it.

Nada. Just an ordinary Tuesday for us.

But, since our son and daughter-in-law are coming later this week I may clean some carpets (and the bathroom). Other than that, I'll be at the train club for a couple hours getting ready for our fall open house.

Trick-or-treating in town has been postponed to tomorrow because of rain. My older daughter will be going for the first time as Darth Vader. I will be accompanying her as the Emperor.

It is the first time in a long time I've taken notice of Halloween, and it's mostly because of the kids.

We live in a condo, so no T&T'ing at all. We won't even receive any because we have a locked outer door that leads into an entryway. No one even tries coming close to the building. No one we know has Halloween parties (or they're not inviting us) and the last one we attended maybe goes back 15 - 20 years. My wife loves Halloween but we have no real way to celebrate it. Oh well.

If we could hand out treats, though, we would hand out packets of Arby's Horsey Sauce. Kids seem to love it!
1698793146905.jpeg

Set up the computer to play this over and over and over

(edit: Monster Mash)

They estimated that 12 billion dollars was going to be spent on Halloween this year. :eek:

"Halloween is a time for not only treats but also a few tricks. According to the National Retail Federation, Halloween spending is expected to reach a new record this year of $12.2 billion, exceeding 2022’s record of $10.6 billion"

"—$11 million: Direct property damage caused by Halloween house fires each year."

I asked my son if he wanted to got out. "Nope! I want to stay and hand out the candy!" He did. We had a maybe total of 15 kids. At one point he just put the basket out with a note to take just one. When he went back out he came running back in showing us that someone had deposited several pieces of candy that we did not have in our basket. That made his night.

We didn’t have very many kids. You never know what you’re going to get around here. I dug out the horns in my profile pic and wore them while handing out candy.

We didn’t have very many kids. You never know what you’re going to get around here. I dug out the horns in my profile pic and wore them while handing out candy.

I live pretty far out in the country, so we don't normally get kids at the house. We (I) did "trunk or treat" to participate in the holiday, but my wife did all the planning. I just provided a 12V light source and a couple of rockets and gave out candy.

I live pretty far out in the country, so we don't normally get kids at the house. We (I) did "trunk or treat" to participate in the holiday, but my wife did all the planning. I just provided a 12V light source and a couple of rockets and gave out candy.
The kids must have loved it!

I thought you wore the helmet everywhere, even to bed?

Latest posts

Back