Pinnacle nose cones - surface prep

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David_Stack

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Good Afternoon All;

Curious, are the Pinnacle nose cones manufactured from the same material as the much-maligned (in terms of paint adhesion) nose cones from LOC Precision are?

Intending to fill imperfections in the mold/seam lines with Tamiya white putty or similar, is use of an adhesion promoter prior to primer needed on these nose cones?

Thanks as ever

Good Afternoon All;

Curious, are the Pinnacle nose cones manufactured from the same material as the much-maligned (in terms of paint adhesion) nose cones from LOC Precision are?

Intending to fill imperfections in the mold/seam lines with Tamiya white putty or similar, is use of an adhesion promoter prior to primer needed on these nose cones?

Thanks as ever
Nearly all blow molded nose cones need adhesion promoter, Pinnacles are no exception.

I've read other posts talking about doing that (the flame treatment, not the melting/deforming aspect ;)), but since I've got most of a can of adhesion promoter readily available (used it initially on a LOC nose cone for another rocket), I'll take that approach. Seems a less-risky course of action...

Back