Phoenix Missile Works, ROCKTOBER SKIES!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couldn't fly with a better bunch! I plan on doing my L3 there this year myself!

Mike

As the days get nearer to launch day, I'm in the process of making 6 more launch pads to go along with the 20 we already have! And Lee Brock is making another launch controller to handle them. It would make me feel real good to see ALL of them full at one time. Come on over to middle Alabama (were not in Phoenix Az.) and see our HUGE field and use the 23000 foot wavier.

Anybody want to drag race something??? I can do 29mm (just finished up a 10 grain case) up to a FULL L per my level 2 status.

Great to fly today! The field looks great and is ready for Roctober Skys!

Quote from Bob Hass.

"October the 8th with a TRA research launch ( you have to be a TRA member to fly on Friday), and finish with a two day NAR/TRA commercial launch from Saturday the 9th to Sunday the 10th. The waiver is 23,000 feet AGL, & there are approximately three square miles of recovery area. We will have 25 high power pads including the launch trailer & John Storey's hybrid pad, & 13 low power pads.
The Boy Scouts will be grilling dogs & burgers Friday through Sunday, so please support them big time. We will have two porta-potties on site, & we will have a raffle which includes near $2000 worth of rocket prizes.
The T-shirt art work is online now, so check it out.
Also, the field conditions will dictate whether we allow sparky motors to fly during the launch. Currently the field is very dry, & it is covered with corn debris. If the launch operators deem the conditions to be too high of a risk for fires, we will let the flyers know at the flyer's meetings each morning.
If anyone is planning on certifying TRA L1-3, please contact Carl Hicks now.
This will be a launch you do not want to miss. We hope to see everyone there next month.
Bob Haas President PMW

Lee Brock

Great day flying on Saturday. Had a great time with the PMW bunch, at a truly impressive launch site for the eastern US. Really nice bunch too!

Will look forward to many future opportunities to fly with them. Heavily recommend this group and their site!

Paul

I had a great time at the PMW launch over the weekend. I only made it for Saturday but the air was perfectly clear and calm so I was glad I could get down there and fly.
This was certainly a high power launch in that nearly every flight was blasted out of visibility on a cloudless day. Only the cert flights were easy to see by those of us with 50 year old eyes. PMW has nice new range equipment and ample pads.
Years ago HARA did a big annual fall regional spaceweek launch called the ‘Rocket City Classic,’ but when we got the sod farm in TN we moved it to spring and began it as Southern Thunder. It’s a good idea PMW has to get a big launch going again in October for Alabama.

Back