payload bird

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rex R

LV2
Reaction score
so I started playing with a payload bird design for a streamer flight duration event...not sure about next year, but using this years limits(E impulse, 24mm), this is what I've got to date. any thoughts or suggestions? thanks
if anyone wishes to use this design feel free, I would ask that credit be given.
rex

View attachment cheeseloft1.ork

its' a Wisconsin thing :). my entry this year only managed 46 sec.s from 1st movement to landing...took some doing to fit a 10' streamer into a bt55(not to mention the payload). was hoping to get started on next years bird.
rex

Rex, You might want to light a fire under Mr. MacKay- being the winner of the event this year, it is his responsibility to plan the event for next year.

one hopes he doesn't wait till the last moment to finalize the rules...I did post a Q over on 'yorf', maybe that will get the ball rolling.

I would recomend staying away from the stinkier cheeses like limberger. The combined smells of spent motors and stinky cheese might make for an uncomfortible ride home.

limberger would be(thankfully) out of my cert range (that would call for an L motor). for something like that...well thats why saran wrap was invented :).
rex

Back