OpenRocket - Fin Rendering Glitch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Screaminhelo

Shade Tree Rocket Surgeon
Reaction score
It isn't causing an issue for me but I wanted to be sure that the OR team was aware of this.

I started with a file posted by K-Tesh and started playing with it to explore 22.02. I was modifying the free form fin by dragging the 0 point forward to lengthen the root. There is a point at which the fin does not render correctly in any 3D view and the copy of the file is saved at a point where this was occurring. It is easy enough to work around since it only seems to do this at a specific point and anything longer or shorter renders correctly. I also tried removing the graphics and it still had the same problem.

I am using 22.02.beta.05.

Well done on the software package. I haven't built or launched anything in quite a while but I still enjoy playing with designs. The capabilities that this update provides are exciting.

Attachments

• DRM_MOD_v1.2.1.ork
    53.8 KB · Views: 0
There have been a host of changes since Beta 5 was released, a few specifically related to freeform fins. Thank you for posting the design file, it will be used to test both Beta 5 and the current unstable.

What you are seeing is confirmed as a Beta 5 bug which has been fixed in the current unstable. Just to be sure, can you confirm that this is what your fins are supposed to look like?

FinGlitch.png

The official release of OpenRocket 22.02 is now imminent (a few final checks remaining), so this shouldn't be a problem much longer.

Last edited:
Back