• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of multi-channel sound.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive The Rocketry Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

open rocket , recovery device deployment error

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kshitij

Reaction score
i am new to open rocket and tried making a 2 staged rocket. i am continuously getting the recovery device deployment at high speed error. i will add the file.

Attachments

• 12052021_kshitij gandhi2.ork
    98.8 KB · Views: 7
First, I changed the labels (names) of the "motor tubes" and parachutes so that it was clear as to which was which.

Next, I opened the Motor & Configuration>Motors tab, selected the sustainer motor, and selected Select ignition to see that the sustainer motor ignition is set to Automatic (launch or ejection charge). But, you are using a booster motor that has no ejection charge. The result is that the sustainer motor does not ignite. I changed the sustainer motor ignition to First burnout of previous stage plus 1 second.

Next, I opened the Motor & Configuration>Stages tab to see that the stage separation is set for upper stage ignition. Then, I opened the Motor & Configuration>Recovery tab to see that the booster deployment is set to booster ejection charge and the sustainer deployment is set for apogee. But, you are using a booster motor that has no ejection charge. The result is that the booster parachute never deploys. I changed the booster motor ejection delay to 2 seconds.

But, there is something else going on as well...

A revised design file is attached.

Attachments

• 12052021_kshitij gandhi2.Rev.02.ork
    58.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
It still shows the same error. it reduced the optimum delay though but apogee went down by a lot too. Maybe my design has some problem probably got to do it all again from the start. Thanks for the help though. I have learned this software works on lot of trail and error so i will keep experimenting.

Back