Recovery device opened while motor still burning error

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryperson

Reaction score
So I'm pretty new to openrocket and i wanted to see if i coukd figure out by myself how to make a dual stage rocket but i keep getting this error:

Screenshot (3).pngScreenshot (2).png
Any help is appreciated!!!

Attachments

• rocket4.rkt
    29.1 KB · Views: 0
Might want to delete this and move it to an appropriate sub-forum. This sub-forum is for announcements and help with the forum, not help with rocketry.

Did you model your rocket with two separate stages? It looks like you only have one stage. Did you set the second motor to ignite some time after the burnout of the "previous stage"? Once you do those things, the recovery will be correct.

ryperson --

It took me a while to figure this out too :)

1. to model Separation and Ignition of Stages ...

Open the [Motors & Configuration] Tab and you'll have a 3-column grid of Motor Combinations.

If you click on the Sustainer Motor in Col[ 2 ] for a particular Motor Combo, youll see a set of Tabs below the Grid for the Sustainer Motor.

Click on the [Select Ignition] Button and change [Ignition at] from [Autimatic at Launch or Ejection] to [First burnout of Previous Stage] and maybe add an ignition Delay.

2. to modify when the chute opens because you're flying Electronics ...

Edit the Drogue -and-or- Main Chute in the [Rocket Design] Tab

Change the [Deploys at] Parameter to [Apogee]

Note: [Deploys at] can apparently be overriden for each Flight Configuration but I've not figured that one out yet :)

HTH ...

-- kjh

ryperson --

It took me a while to figure this out too :)

1. to model Separation and Ignition of Stages ...

Open the [Motors & Configuration] Tab and you'll have a 3-column grid of Motor Combinations.

If you click on the Sustainer Motor in Col[ 2 ] for a particular Motor Combo, youll see a set of Tabs below the Grid for the Sustainer Motor.

Click on the [Select Ignition] Button and change [Ignition at] from [Autimatic at Launch or Ejection] to [First burnout of Previous Stage] and maybe add an ignition Delay.

2. to modify when the chute opens because you're flying Electronics ...

Edit the Drogue -and-or- Main Chute in the [Rocket Design] Tab

Change the [Deploys at] Parameter to [Apogee]

Note: [Deploys at] can apparently be overriden for each Flight Configuration but I've not figured that one out yet :)

HTH ...

-- kjh
i’ll give it a try when i’m back home thank you so much!

Did you model your rocket with two separate stages? It looks like you only have one stage. Did you set the second motor to ignite some time after the burnout of the "previous stage"? Once you do those things, the recovery will be correct.
yes i only had one stage wasn’t aware i needed another one😅.

Latest posts

Back