Open Rocket not seeing or opening .ork or .rkt files

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steveclay

Reaction score
Hi,
Pretty new to this. I have installed open rocket on my mac. I have also downloaded some .rkt and .ork rocket files but when you goto file open it cant see the files. when I right click on the file and select open with open rocket is not an option I can select.

please help
thanks
Steve

Pretty new to this. I have installed open rocket on my mac. I have also downloaded some .rkt and .ork rocket files but when you goto file open it cant see the files. when I right click on the file and select open with open rocket is not an option I can select.
The latter is definitely not possible (that is, you can't open ORK files straight from the finder). I'm not sure why you can't see the files from within OpenRocket, though.

Using the installer linked above by Craig could help.

OpenRocket should default to looking for .ork files. I'm assuming you've already tried this, but in case not - you have to select the "All rocket designs (*.ork, *.rkt)" or "All files" option under Filter in the Open File dialog to show more file extensions.

Steveclay -
The most likely problem - you are not looking in the right place for the files you downloaded and saved.

try this...
-Run the OpenRocket program.
-Then click "file/new" to begin designing a new rocket.
-Now click on the Nose Cone button to add a nose cone to your new design.
- A nose cone should show up in the design panel.
-Now click "file/save" to save your design.
-Name your design 'test' and save it.

-Close OpenRocket

-Run OpenRocket and try to locate the 'test' design you just created.

You may need to move the files you downloaded into the same folder where the 'test design was saved.

Good Luck.

Thanks Guys. I had indeed used the installer as described above. The idea by SCSAGER worked a treat. I've now moved the files into a folder created within the OR save as option. Thank you very much for your help.
Cheers
Steve

Back