Open Rocket-I can't get motors recognized in the software

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duckandcover

Reaction score
What the heck have i done wrong? I downloaded .eng files from thrustcurves.org and put them in the default directory and also made a different dir and put the
files there later and the software just doesn't find any motors.

i have version 22.02. above the ruler for flight config it says no motors.
estes bt-50 tube, 50 nose cone, bt-20 inner tube. did i goof the build so no motors show?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-14 075950.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-14 075950.png
    6 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-10-14 083954.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-14 083954.png
    123 KB · Views: 0
Ah. Time for a quick primer.

First, if you're using standard commercial motors, go back and delete the motor files that you downloaded from Thrustcurve.org. They're already built into the program.

Next, for each rocket you must create motor configurations in the "Motors and Configurations" tab:
1697300690281.png

For each configuration, you'll select a motor (don't forget to select an appropriate delay at the top of the motor selection window). It is then those motor configurations, which you have created, which are available in the "Flight Configuration" pulldown menu.

Those motor configurations will also create associated simulations, which are then viewable in the "Flight Simulations" tab.

Thanks-got it. Either i forget how to read or the tutorials don't cover engines. The tiny view area of the tutorials and my lousy eyesight
didn't help and my not widening the tutorial window was kinda dumb.

Back