Open rocket cluster help

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thobin

Reaction score
I cant seem to find a way to get the motor mount centering ring to set to a cluster formation it only shows up as a single motor mount.??
any help would be hot.

TA

Not sure about the centering rings themselves...but to do a cluster of motors in a design....add the inner tube to the airframe, then double click it to edit and select the "Cluster" tab in the edit box.

Ya i can get the motor tube to go cluster just can get the centering rings to follow suit.

TA

Are you talking about a centering ring within each inner tube, or thrust rings in each tube, or centering rings that are supposed to hold the whole cluster?

I'm pretty sure OR does not have the ability to make cluster centering rings...usually I just guesstimate to get the appropriate weight.

FC

PS Of course, you could simply take the square root (y) of the following: x(d^2) where x is the number of cluster tubes and d is the diameter of each one (assuming they all are the same). Your square root (y) should be the diameter of the 'hole' you would make in the centering ring in OR which would have an area equal to the total of the smaller holes of the cluster, thereby giving you the equivalent weight.

I think...I hope my math is right.

Last edited:
I weigh all my parts as I make them anyway, wood density and thickness are always different form batch to batch. I’m not to concerned about the weight I was just wondering if I was missing something and that there was a setting to turn the centering ring into a cluster configuration.

This is one of the things that I hope to help program. I have already had a meeting with my programmer friend and this is one of the things we went over. He has already started on it already.

TA

Wierd that it's not there already, and I didn't see it on the list of things on the to do or feature request lists.

kj

The OP is looking for the program to make one....I don't think he's actually planning on purchasing one.

FC

Latest posts

Back