ONLY Post comments or text for "Post a Picture (no comments or text)"

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C#13,271 the Sun is the source of all life, gives us heat, food, light and if it goes away, we go away. And the most amazing part... It's 93 million miles away

#13,290 that last picture of the guys surf fishing is mine when our two posts got consolidated into one

Last edited:
#13292- what is this thing? the motor isn't real

#13301- one of the 3 most beautiful car models ever built

#13306- that looks like a fun kit! but not quite as much fun as the "P47 Thunderbolt in a box" kit.

#13324 That lighthouse is in the harbor at Rockland, ME. My wife and I walked out to it for a tour then discovered that it wasn't open. IIRC it is almost a mile along that granite breakwater from shore.

xdeCOia.jpg
Two Sharps-Borchardt rifles!
I was a fool and traded the one I had. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
Mine was a circa 1930’s varmint gun.
Finest single shot rifle ever made.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/threa...personal-comments-allowed.166564/post-2553147
One of my most fond memories as a child in CO living with my grandparents. My grandfather would bring home bushells of red chili peppers. We would spend hours stringing them up. They would hang from the front of the garage, the mud room and around the stairs to the third level of the house.
A while back I asked my mom what grandad put the chili in. “More like what he did NOT put chili pepper in!”

Last edited:

Are you sure those Tesla batteries are enough to light that big Estes cluster?

For us normies, can we get some context please.

Sorry,

Pictured in @Cape Byron ’s photo is the recently-passed Marcello Gandini, who impossibly replaced Giorgetto Giugiaro at Bertone. He was the automobile designer responsible for some of the most jaw dropping designs to make it to production. Some examples:

Lamborghini Miura- imagine the splash made by this mid-engine street car in 1966:

462895F5-6A59-4717-A362-5D5BF97AE5A7.jpeg

1968, he designed this concept car based on the Alfa Type33 sports racer. Crazy exotic in build and design, this remains my most favorite of all concept car designs since before I was a teen.

7F7A3120-45FF-4BFA-A011-210C920CD4D3.jpeg

Only 4 years later, his Countach broke the mold. And it was released for the street. Most people connect the Countach with the 80’s, but it’s from 1972!

2D630B5B-0FDA-4888-8833-631E2BA95FCD.jpeg

He pretty much gets credit for creating the “supercar”, and I’m not the only one here who also considers this little killer of his a supercar. I was shocked the first time I saw one in person in the paddock at Road Atlanta. I swear I could have put it in my pocket:

BC065C5D-32A4-470D-84CE-5720B85BCD57.jpeg

The list goes on.

Sorry,

Pictured in @Cape Byron ’s photo is the recently-passed Marcello Gandini, who impossibly replaced Giorgetto Giugiaro at Bertone. He was the automobile designer responsible for some of the most jaw dropping designs to make it to production. Some examples:

Lamborghini Miura- imagine the splash made by this mid-engine street car in 1966:

View attachment 636375

1968, he designed this concept car based on the Alfa Type33 sports racer. Crazy exotic in build and design, this remains my most favorite of all concept car designs since before I was a teen.

View attachment 636378

Only 4 years later, his Countach broke the mold. And it was released for the street. Most people connect the Countach with the 80’s, but it’s from 1972!

View attachment 636376

He pretty much gets credit for creating the “supercar”, and I’m not the only one here who also considers this little killer of his a supercar. I was shocked the first time I saw one in person in the paddock at Road Atlanta. I swear I could have put it in my pocket:

View attachment 636377

The list goes on.

Thanks. I really appreciate the context here and was very informative.

13535, Angry! It is so true!
Garbage strewn everywhere. I was taught and teach, you pack it in, you pack it out! The only thing you leave is footprints, and try not to leave those.
Real or not, love this one.

Back