ONLY Post comments or text for "Post a Picture (no comments or text)"

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 275 isn't bad, but the Red Head? All slabs huge grills, and angles. None of them coordinated.

But thats just my opinion.

The Daytona is just perfection, again just my opinion.

Back in 1985, while I was based in Germany, a friend had a brand new Corvette C4.
We went to Moet Chandon to get a few bottles of Dom Perignon. As we drove by the
winery looking for a place to park, the front gates opened and we were directed to park
next to a Testarossa (red of course) that belonged to the owner of M&C. With the Corvette
parked next to the Testarossa you could really see the styling and design philosophies.
The Ferrari was way too wide and way too low. While the exterior of the Corvette was beautiful, the interior of the Ferrari was WAY better.
On the way back to base, on the autobahn, a Porsche 928 decided we needed to race.
The C4 held its own against the 928, we gave up the race at 165MPH when the traffic
started to get in the way.

Ah youth, its wasted on the young, but not always.....

The 275 isn't bad, but the Red Head? All slabs huge grills, and angles. None of them coordinated.

I don't think John was talking about the Don Johnson TR.

My list of drooling Ferrari designs is long with racers like the 500 Mondial, sports cars like 250SWB Competizione, but also the street cars like 330GTC and the "big" ones like the Superamerica and Lusso.

That finned thing looks like a nice GTC that was rear-ended and sadly customized rather than repaired.

Finned Ferrari done correctly, in '56:

1705244646674.png

But thats just my opinion.

The Daytona is just perfection, again just my opinion.

Back in 1985, while I was based in Germany, a friend had a brand new Corvette C4.
We went to Moet Chandon to get a few bottles of Dom Perignon. As we drove by the
winery looking for a place to park, the front gates opened and we were directed to park
next to a Testarossa (red of course) that belonged to the owner of M&C. With the Corvette
parked next to the Testarossa you could really see the styling and design philosophies.
The Ferrari was way too wide and way too low. While the exterior of the Corvette was beautiful, the interior of the Ferrari was WAY better.
On the way back to base, on the autobahn, a Porsche 928 decided we needed to race.
The C4 held its own against the 928, we gave up the race at 165MPH when the traffic
started to get in the way.

Ah youth, its wasted on the young, but not always.....
Not talking the '80s TR, but the 1957 250 Testarossa:

Ferrari_250_TR_61_Spyder_Fantuzzi_1961.jpgFerrari_250_TR_Fantuzzi.jpg1958_Ferrari_250_TR_0736TR_Front.jpg1961_Ferrari_250_TR_61_Spyder_Fantuzzi_34_left_2.jpg

RE: the scorpion...
When I lived "over the hill" from you at China Lake, I had one that was about an inch longer (or so it seemed at the time) run up my arm from out of a BBQ briquet bag. Makes our Texas Bark Scorpions seem "tame".
The big ones are called desert fury scorpions and are harm less. It's the small blonde ones that hurt. We had been here 30 years before one stung me.

9W9FpKc.jpg

Didier Pironi?

#13,235 such a sad photo showing how long that line of men are going to fight a war that they have no business being in and how it tears families apart

#13,216
https://www.rocketryforum.com/threa...personal-comments-allowed.166564/post-2548780
My full O5500 in the NM NASA Space Grant rocket (Tripoli Las Cruces team project). 140# to 16Kft. Carried 3 bottles of NM wine, shared at the Tripoli banquet! Largest single motor flown at LDRS in 2021. Pieces of the Salt Playa blasted into the air.

#13,218
https://www.rocketryforum.com/threa...personal-comments-allowed.166564/post-2548785
Robert DeHate's 2-stage rocket with my P10,000 booster. Black Rock, BALLS 2011. This was our Carmack Prize entry. The photo I posted (Taken by David Reese) is just after the forward insulator extruded down the core of the motor, shearing some propellant, and then it relit. Lost a $10K prize due to 25 cents of adhesive! The motor survived about 2500 PSI surge (3/16" wall 6" DOM tubing, bolted closures). The altimeter/timer thought the chuff was burnout and the 2nd stage lit too early. Mach 3.5 max with too short of a staging delay. 86Kft instead of 100K+. Full recovery.

Back