ON SALE!!! Painkiller Micro!! With FREE!!! 24mm CTI 6G Case & Closure!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered. Got an idea I'm gonna try out mounting the fins quickly I stumbled upon building my mini eagle claw. We'll see if it works out.

Just ordered mine. Excited to have something truly built for Pro24 G's:cool:

My thoughts exactly! CTI's 24mm line are just cool as hell. Needless to say I think my Painkiller kit is just as cool so the Micro and the 24mm 6G Case were a perfect match.

Gary, is your 24mm case a limited-time offer?
Brian, not to sure yet but for right now the offer's not going anywhere.

Ordered. I love this kit.

Thanks much Chuck clad you like it buddy,

Wildman uses a 15" on his mini line of kits. But this kit could use a 18" chute. They will be a very strong rocket that can take a harder landing.

Last edited:
First off I'd like to thank everyone who bought a Painkiller Micro, I'm so glad so many of you like the design. Like I said before these new CTI 24mm loads are just the coolest things which is why I made the PKM with a 24mm MM specifically for those loads. On another note I apologize on the delay in shipping I'm waiting for the damn shipping! boxes to arrive.... anyway I'm hoping for Friday at the latest! to get them shipped... If it can be sooner! you all will be the 1st to know. Thanks again for your patronage and patience.

Can't wait to see a build thread!

Gary T.

Where did you buy your boxes? Have you tried Uline.com?

Uline is a great source - several warehouses across the country, and the longest it ever takes Deb to receive an order from them is 3 days. Matter of fact, I ordered 30 rolls of electrical tape from them last night, and will likely have it tomorrow....

-Kevin

I've bought plenty! from Uline but their prices are a joke! Then they'll add one of their 4lb catalogs and charge me for the weight! Hell their shipping is usually as much as the Item your buying. Plus they didn’t have the size I wanted. Got them elsewhere and all the ordered PKM have been shipped.

I've bought plenty! from Uline but their prices are a joke! Then they'll add one of their 4lb catalogs and charge me for the weight! Hell their shipping is usually as much as the Item your buying. Plus they didn’t have the size I wanted. Got them elsewhere and all the ordered PKM have been shipped.

gratuitous plug - Though in the past getting them has been a pain (I'm hoping its gotten better), USPS will send you free boxes of many sizes. The triangles would work well for kits.

As for Uline.... order a paperclip from them and they'll start sending you those 4 pound catalogs every week, one for each person in your house. Still better than grainger...who'll send ten pound catalogs for every person, living or dead, who's ever worked for a company....all on the same day.

As for Uline.... order a paperclip from them and they'll start sending you those 4 pound catalogs every week, one for each person in your house. Still better than grainger...who'll send ten pound catalogs for every person, living or dead, who's ever worked for a company....all on the same day.

:rofl:

So true... especially Granger!

If you order enough boxes, it is waaay cheaper to get custom boxes from a local corrugate house.

Triangle boxes are better than flat but they still managed to get crushed!

Got it!
Can't wait to start. Love this NC and the casing is sexxy. :)

14704298729_288e65f8dd.jpg

Will do. Likely be an aerotech F39W first.... But I really wanna see E75/F240/G150's in here.

Mine arrived today ... but will be a couple weeks before I have time to build.

Dave, Keep the pics coming of the build, also anyone else building one post your pics here or start a build thread. Thanks!

started a build here - https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?68508-Painkiller-Micro

I'm also trying to do a video of building it. It's an interesting experience watching yourself work. I find myself doing things in a manner that could be done better than seems so obvious watching it. For example I put epoxy down then pushed the top CR down, when I should have had it below and pushed it up to leave the inner part of the CR MMT joint free of epoxy (which I wiped off easy enough, but it would have been easier the other way). It's also slightly boring to watch it realtime, but I think sped up wouldn't show as much to someone trying to learn how to do sometime. I'm uploading it again now, so we'll see how it comes out.

I'm hoping to get the MMT installed and fins in place tonight, basically leaving the bulkhead in the NC and the sticker :) This kit just falls together.

This kit just falls together.

LOL That's kind of the theme behind the "Gary T. Designs" line of kits. Hence why I did the CR's thick for ease of rail button mounting. The Video Idea is also very cool, I'll be doing that for some ProLine products in the future.

If not, Apogee carries them (24P).

Just received my Aeropac 24mm retainer (24P), for fiberglass motor tubes, which is the largest diameter 24mm retainer and it won't fit.

I might try sanding down the end of the motor tube. I also have an Estes 24mm retainer but it doesn't fit either.

UPDATE: Panic mode over . . . after sanding the motor tube, the Aeropac retainer fits.

Last edited:
Back