Oh Boy Oh Boy Oh Boy

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually I haven't really looked...
Just got back home yesterday evening from an aviation camp near Trenton. I think we have some play doh, and I can just epoxy it in the tip of the nose cone?

OK Well now that they are all built now I have to move from the comfort of the AC.to the heat of my garage to do all the finishing work.

IMG_20130727_115524_584.jpg

Very nice...I've got a mini HJ to build....the Mini Max is a great rocket, as is the DRM....if you don't have one, get it as they go well together. I'm looking toward a Mega so i'll have all three...

They look great!!

Painting can be a pain though...
In the future, you might wanna spray the swift's nosecone before glueing it on to avoid masking...

I have certainly had my share of those moments too ha ha :D

Getmore,
Finally got the chance to check out the CG on the HO JO and I couldn't believe it: the CG is at the front end of the launch lug!!
Is there nothing I can do to make it fly straight?
What does this mean??

Wow what do you have in side for recovery. You need some tail weight some how. I will check mine after work today and see where the cg is.

Last edited:
I've just got a six inch shute in there. I know Estes says a 12" but that would just shift it further forward...
Also strange is that I had to replace the MMT and when I replaced It The motor block is slightly aft of where it should be so the motor protrudes a bit aft of where it should be...

I have no clue. Sometimes rod whip can make them do crazy things. I was going to use a streamer to keep it close by.

The fins on the Honest John are in fact the correct size for this version of the Honest John. For some reason the model goes unstable for some people and not others. Add the clay to the nose and it should fly fine every time. It always flew straight as an arrow for me so during testing I never needed to add clay.

John Boren

I checked the cg without any recovery items and it CGS the same just in front of the lug. I will add some clay for the first flight and see what it does

Thanks
I'll keep mine grounded until then:wink:

Oh leave it up to me OK I will stand back just in case it decides to do the vertical U turn lawn dart maneuver.:lol:
I will be sure to get pictures.

Last edited:
Ready to fly. These were a fun build. I hope the ho Jo flys good because I think it looks killer and the decals were a pain very small to work with so if I can get it to fly as good as my bull pup that will be great. I have plans to fly low power this weekend if the weather is good.

IMG_20130731_182221_446.jpg

IMG_20130731_182314_370.jpg

IMG_20130731_182356_002.jpg

IMG_20130731_182534_423.jpg

IMG_20130731_182449_308.jpg

Thanks. It is a nice pad I made it to brake down for easy storage. The legs have a carter pin I can pull and and tuck away and the rods are interchangeable to 1/4" rod on down.

The HoJo turned out great! I like the white tip on the NC, and the larger fins actually look pretty good and should keep it nice and stable.

Flew the hojo yesterday and with the fin mod and nose weight it flew straight up on a A3 I took 9 rockets so I didn't try it with the A10. Got to keep a good eye on it with the camo colors and the grass.

Back