OFFICIAL LDRS 42- urrg.us

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be nice to print our cards in advance from home. They can specify the size and I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to layout one to their liking and post online. But whatever. It's a minor issue. As long as we get to fly!

It would be nice to print our cards in advance from home. They can specify the size and I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to layout one to their liking and post online. But whatever. It's a minor issue. As long as we get to fly!

@EXPjawa is working on all the materials and they will be published in time for you to print out everything at home. They will be published on the URRG site, but will also be published here.

Well, it's official.... I *will* be at LDRS, I will be at the Pig Roast, I will be volunteering (at least for 2hrs), and I will launch something. I hope to meet everyone there and make a complete fool of myself. If you're looking for me, I will be with the CENJARS team for most of the event. Hopefully, we will have some way of identifying our area, but I'm not sure what that is yet. I don't think we have a banner, but if worse comes to worst, I'll draw something with a sharpie and duct tape it to a canopy.....

Wondering about the road/driving conditions into the parking area. I'm hoping to roll in my hatchback instead of my wife's Highlander because it'll cost my half as much to get there and my dogs will be pissed if I take their vehicle away for a week lol. But I don't want to have issues with low clearance getting to a parking spot. What's the word?
You're OK.
I've attended URRF, and I drive a Toyota Yaris, which has terrible ground clearance, and I had no trouble whatsoever.
Just do not speed, I believe the posted limit was 10mph or less.

There are specific flight cards for this event. In fact, there are two different cards, as we elected to print something distinct for EX flights. Everything with a commercial motor will use one card, which we will also publish in advance. Anything EX will use the unique card, which will only be available at the RSO/Reg tables.

Will there be rods at the high power pads? I have a rocket that will be difficult to put rail buttons on, a 1/2” rod would be perfect.
Wow 1/2 inch rods got to love it. I haven't seen them in a while but still own a few that have those on the side. I forgot and thought we were pouring concrete with rebar. Ricks right I don't think there are any of those in the trailer. Sorry about that. I have some rail buttons I will give you and have a drill and screw gun. well glue and screw that puppy. Keep the rod gutter pipes on the rocket they are like sideburns they were cool and might come back you never know.
Well hook u up just bring it out.

Larry W

Yeah, I know, rods are a thing of the past. I’m working ion a 4x Mars Snooper II, the tail cone is the issue. I can use rail buttons, but they will need significant stand offs (2”!) Not impossible, but could be tricky.

Ok that sounds like an interesting project. I have all sorts of stuff in the weasel pit at the campground about a mile from the field. if you look me up when there well get you hooked up. There's a lot of vendors as well so we should be able to figure a way to launch that puppy.

1/2 inch rods are what most of us use for our Stealths, so I guess there will be no Stealh drag race at LDRS 42 unless we bring our own rods…

Attachments

• IMG_0701.mov
    43.1 MB
We wont be allowing someone to come in and block spots for those coming later as thats not fair to those that travel early for a spot. If you have a few that would like to be together, and you all are signing up for many volunteer positions I might be inclined to talk to you further.
In regards to this above - thank you. It really stinks to travel a long way and get their early to get setup only to find big sections blocked off for this group and that group. It’s a big event. Pitting next new people and making new friends is part of the fun. That’s how I have met some of my best rocket buddies. If groups really want to pit together and wont all be there early, perhaps a section off the front line so people that get there early dont get bumped. Just a suggestion. Appreciate all the work you guys are putting in.

Flight Cards.
We have created flight cards very specific to this event one for EX flights and one for NON EX flights. I will attach the NON EX flight card.

If you would like to print in advance keep in mind it will need to be double sided with the safety information on the back for the RSO/FSO.

Great questions everyone, keep posting!!

LDRS Main Flight Card 26APR (1)_Page_1.jpgLDRS Main Flight Card 26APR (1)_Page_2.jpgWe look forward to seeing you in June and to a great launch!

@morgan2521 Does the second to last safety check item imply that the forward rail button needs to be at the CG? Haven't seen or heard of this requirement before...Thanks!

Good catch - @EXPjawa we should just change the wording on that one to "Forward Rail button / Lug secure" or get rid of the location specific language and just sail "Rail button/lugs secure"

Flight Cards.
We have created flight cards very specific to this event one for EX flights and one for NON EX flights. I will attach the NON EX flight card.

If you would like to print in advance keep in mind it will need to be double sided with the safety information on the back for the RSO/FSO.

Great questions everyone, keep posting!!

View attachment 643686View attachment 643687We look forward to seeing you in June and to a great launch!
Thanks for posting this. Personally, I write in a hand similar to a Chinese Chicken, so the more I can do by computer, the better for the guy who has to read it! 😂

Just to make sure I print it to fit your needs, what size should the final size be? Do you prefer card stock, or regular paper? (I saw someone mention this earlier)

Thanks for everyone's efforts. Lots of details like this to attend to, but seems like you guys have it in hand. Looking forward to a great event!

Does anyone have Adobe Acrobat Pro so that this can be converted to an editable PDF? If not I guess I'll open a trial and try to figure out how to do it in the next week or so.
I use PDF Xchange viewer (free version) and it lets me type over pdf's to fill out forms. Or if the form is already fillable, it works with those too.
I'm not any kind of computer expert, but I like it and find it useful... And free!
https://pdf-xchange.eu/

Does anyone have Adobe Acrobat Pro so that this can be converted to an editable PDF? If not I guess I'll open a trial and try to figure out how to do it in the next week or so.
I could do that, yes. Once it's finalized if Larry or someone else wants to ping me I'm happy to whip it up.

Edit: d'oh I posted before I read the replies. offer stands, though.

Suggestion: print Research cards on yellow (caution ;) ) cardstock.
The EX cards will printed on a different color paper so the LCO can't miss that they're different. That's part of the reason for the second card.

I only get JPGs from this site. How can I download the PDF?
I will post a PDF later, once we get the fillable forms sorted.
I could do that, yes. Once it's finalized if Larry or someone else wants to ping me I'm happy to whip it up.

Edit: d'oh I posted before I read the replies. offer stands, though.
We're working on it...

On the safety check area of card, a good box to add is (CTI 38 case installed)
I checked 2 flights at NSL West last year that fliers forgot, or just did not know it was required. Thinking it was single use.

Back