OFFICIAL LDRS 42- urrg.us

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I keep having to go over the raffle prizes and it just doesnt stop surprising me..
Even smaller companies like SCP Products..
Look what Scott has donated to the LDRS raffle,,

SCP Products. Scott from SCP is always so generous. He’s donating 5 prizes for the LDRS42 raffle.

We’ll give away 1 each day, 2 on Saturday.

2- 10% off coupon

2- 20% off coupon

2- 30% off coupon

2- pairs of 10 series CNC machined Airfoil rail guides

2- pairs of 15 series CNC machined Airfoil rail guides

What a generous man..

If you're part of this rocketry community in any way you're so fortunate..

Teddy
Really looking forward to this launch! Thank you Teddy for the kind words sir!

Just a quick view of how large the field is that we are so blessed to fly on... and why LDRS will be a great event...
Just teasing. I'm sure it's a mess when it rains, but otherwise - fantastic! I've never been. Heard great things. I'm really looking forward to it.

Really looking forward to this launch! Thank you Teddy for the kind words sir!
Scott,
Ha,
How funny is that,
You're giving us free stuff to help us promote our big LDRS launch and a heck of a lot of it at that,
and YOU'RE thanking me ????
How the heck does that work, lol ??

NO kiddin man,
Scott, you are the perfect example of what I said before.
SCP Products isn't a million dollar business.
The percentage of your donation to us in relation to your business is so generous is amazing..

Scott, thank you so much man.

SCP Products, just the best products and the most detail oriented workmanship..

Teddy

Im looking forward to this launch. I especially look forward to going to each of the vendors, meeting each if you as well as other flyers that I've only spoken with online.

Im looking forward to this launch. I especially look forward to going to each of the vendors, meeting each if you as well as other flyers that I've only spoken with online.
That's exactly what one of the greatest things about a national launch..
There are a lot of people you only see at these big national launches..
The camaraderie is just wonderful beyond description..

Now,
Back to your regularly scheduled raffle prize reminder, lol..

Have you see the list ??
It's just killer..
The generosity of these vendors and manufacturers proves to me that they're flyers first..

Check this,,

Mac Performance- 4— $50 Gift Certificates, what could be better than a gift certificate from Mike Crupe of Mac Performance, one will be given out each and every day of the launch

This is the definition of a small business..
And a generous man..

Thank you so much MIke

Teddy

Great flights. I have one planned to 9100 for LDRS. How heavy was that rocket? Mine should weight around 28 pounds on the pad.
Honestly, I don't recall. It has around 40 flights and is in the midst of a re-painting. However, I think it comes in around 25 pounds, dry. If I can weigh it, I'll update my guess.

LDRS 42 UPDATE
67 DAYS until LDRS 42

Have you registered?

Online Registration will close on 5/25.
You will be able to register on the field.
On line SWAG sales will close on 5/1 ( We have to order them so we need lead time)
We will have limited quantities on the field for purchase.
BANQUET TICKETS
Banquet tickets will be available on line until 5/25 - You will be able to purchase on the field

Raffle Tickets
Will be available on line until 5/25. You will be able to purchase on the field.
FOOD
Keuka Trail Farm Market
food truck will be on the field all 4 days. ( Link will show menu)
Finger Lakes Hots will be on the field Thursday and Saturday

Main Street Ice Cream will be on the field Saturday June 8th

Vendors - OMG look at these Vendors
These Vendors have committed to be on site.

Onebadhawk Recovery Harnesses

Performance Hobbies
Wildman Rocketry
Chris Rocket Supplies
LOC Precision
RFS Marsa
MAC Performance Rocketry
RailButtons.com
FlisKits
SCP Concepts
Photos by Nadine
The Tripoli Store
Radical Rocketry
Dragon Rocketry

Raffle Prizes

There are soooo many prizes. I'm going to leave it to Teddy to list those out. Our Vendors are so generous. We can not Thank them enough for the support!
LDRS 42 Raffles How does it work?
You only put your raffle ticket in the buckets for the prizes you want to win.

The Launch Field

I can't give you a filed layout quite yet, but I can tell you that LDRS 42 will feature MORE launch pads & TOWERS than ever

For The little Rocketeers
Syracuse Rocket Club will be on the filed to help all those little Rocketeers.
VOLUNTEERS
This event does not happen without the tireless commitment of the LDRS committee.
Volunteers of all skill sets are always needed.
Many hands make light wok and will allow for everyone to enjoy the event.
If you have not signed up to volunteer, please pick up a shift or 2. It is well worth it.

https://urrg.us/content.aspx?page_id=2664&club_id=453409

TRIPOLI ROCKETRY ASSOCIATION​

TRA will be on the field to help you will all your certification needs.

That's all for now.

Cant wait to see everyone in June.

Any questions
[email protected]

Tag me in your comments. 😀

Attachments

• 1711386807661.png
    1711386807661.png
    103.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 1711386831891.png
    1711386831891.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 1711386843056.png
    1711386843056.png
    16.8 KB · Views: 0
Great flights. I have one planned to 9100 for LDRS. How heavy was that rocket? Mine should weight around 28 pounds on the pad.
That gray & white rocket comes in at about 20 pounds dry. It has only flown on EX motors, small-L (~2500Ns) to big-L (~5000Ns). Might see if I can throw a 5-grain motor into that airframe. My guess is that you're right on the money with 9100 ft AGL.

Last edited:
I paid for some hats, and have a receipt from Paypal.

I got a notification that payment is still due. (Same amount, same date as PP receipt).

The sender is a no-replay address.

In the body of the email is says "Please contact at with any questions." Which is missing the contact email.

Who do I contact to resolve?

Thanks!

I paid for some hats, and have a receipt from Paypal.

I got a notification that payment is still due. (Same amount, same date as PP receipt).

The sender is a no-replay address.

In the body of the email is says "Please contact at with any questions." Which is missing the contact email.

Who do I contact to resolve?

Thanks!
Hi.
sorry for the trouble.
Can you send me an email at [email protected] Please include your info and
I will see what I can do.
Thanks.
Morgan

UPDATES - UPDATES - UPDATES
Hello all,
Can you believe how fast time is going by..
The 2024 flying season is on us before you blink.. Is on us NOW...
Not only that but I have no choice but to admit I am excited for this years LDRS like I can't remember when.
There are so many reasons LDRS 42 is going to be beyond special..
They begin with where it is.
The Finger Lakes region of upstate New York..
No joke, you can come from far and wide because you can talk your significant other into coming just for the scenery and the wine tasting..
The regions natural beauty is just astounding.
Then the fact that LDRS 42 is going to be in the Northeast again means the club URRG is going to host..
There are no words to describe the people who make up the innards of this club.
You can make the attempt with hard working and dedicated but they just fail.
Please, give it to me, when I say something is beyond special- out of the ordinary it proves out..
I promise you to no end, I don't care where you are, if you ever had the inclination to attend an LDRS or a national launch,
This is the one...

And I have something to back up what I say, lol..

This is the raffle prize list of donations so far.. Newly updated as of today- 3/31/2024.
How many times have you heard me say I am shocked at the generosity of the manufacturers and vendors in our tight knit small community..

This list is a work in progress and is subject to change as we get more responses..

Onebadhawk Recovery Harnesses.
6- $25 Gift certificates good towards the baddest harnesses on the planet. I've changed from giving harnesses for raffle prizes to giving gift certificates.
This increases the chance of a person winning the exact harness they’d like from 20% to 100%..

Performance Hobbies. 4— $50 Gift Certificates, one will be given out each and every day of the launch, what better than a gift certificate from Kenny of Performance Hobbies..

Wildman Hobbies. Everyone knows Wildman and how generous he is with his huge gorgeous raffle prizes

Chris’s Rocket Supplies.- what could be better than a gift certificate from Chris Short of Chris's Rocket Supplies...

LOC Precision. Loc will not only have a presence on the field just to support their vendors but will be donating some very special raffle prizes.
There's just no other way to put it.
LOC Precision is just a class act..

LOC is donating 3 fantastic kits.

1- LOC Warloc 7.5”..

1- LOC Minie-Magg 5.5”

1- LOC Bumble Bee 4”

Marsa Systems. Has a new product to release and they'd like to use LDRS 42 as the new product announcement platform..

This is just going to knock all of rocketry off it’s feet.. I am so excited for this one.. As will his raffle prize donations.
I am so psyched for what RFS-MARSA is going to unveil.
John's been giving me hints, but he won't out it to me just yet..
I've always been a MARSA fan, now John has teamed up with James D.
These two people banging their heads together is going to produce - incredible..

Mac Performance- 4— $50 Gift Certificates, what could be better than a gift certificate from Mike Crupe of Mac Performance, one will be given out each and every day of the launch

Fruity Chutes. Two chutes- A beautiful 36” Elliptical and a beautiful 24” Elliptical Fruity Chutes chute. These are just killer chutes from Fruity.

Eggtimer Rocketry. Always the coolest electronic kits in all of rocketry – Eggtimer’s raffle prize is 3 kits in one.
An Eggtimer “TX” GPS Tracking Transmitter Kit,
An Eggfinder “LCD” GPS Tracking Receiver Kit,
and an Eggfinder “LCD-GPS” Add-on for the Eggfinder “LCD” GPS Tracking Receiver Kit.

This all equals one absolutely complete GPS rocket tracking solution. This is a $160 value and a very special prize indeed..
I am jealous of whoever wins this raffle prize, I just may go buy one of these for myself..

SCP Products. Scott from SCP is always so generous. He’s donating 5 prizes for the LDRS42 raffle.

We’ll give away 1 each day, 2 on Saturday.

2- 10% off coupon

2- 20% off coupon

2- 30% off coupon

2- pairs of 10 series CNC machined Airfoil rail guides

2- pairs of 15 series CNC machined Airfoil rail guides

Stickershock. Each and every registrant will receive a LDRS sticker in their registration packet thanks to the generous donation from Stickershock

Rocketarium. You won’t believe how generous Rocketarium is for the LDRS42 raffle.. Just wait till you see these kits..

1—MIM 23 Rocket Kit

1- Alarm Rocket Kit.

1- Exocet MM40 Rocket Kit.

1- AIM 54 Phoenix Rocket Kit

1- AMRAAM 120A Rocket Kit.

1 Rocketarium kit will be raffled off each day, 2 on Saturday.

Rail Buttons.com-

6-- $25 gift cards. Thank you so much Randy, you're always so generous..

Photo’s By Nadine. Nadine will donate calendars for the raffles.

Madcow Rocketry is donating a Super DX 3 rocket kit for the raffle.. This is a special kit and very generous of Madcow..

Dragon Rocketry- Will be donating a 4” MK-109 Stingray rocket kit for the raffle

Flis Kits Prize donations list is quite extensive-

3- $10 Gift certificates / day each and every day of a 4 day launch !!!!!

Alphabet race sponsor, A through G in order,

1st place receives a $100 cash prize, 2nd place receives $50 cash.
How's that for unbelievably generous !!!!!

You won't even believe this one..

Wilson FX-
Wilson FX is commonly known as the absolute pinnacle of launch systems in all of rocketry coast to coast.
Wilson FX is donating a $500 gift certificate to one heck of a lucky winner..

Folks,
The opportunity to buy raffle tickets has not yet passed.
But it will..
Add to your raffle ticket count today.

https://urrg.us/content.aspx?page_id=587&club_id=453409

Ted Chernok

Just a quick view of how large the field is that we are so blessed to fly on... and why LDRS will be a great event...
For those interested, the area on the field where we will set up the parking area and "near" pads is about 1900' x 950'. Once we have settled the map of the site, I will try to post it for folks to see. On the other side of the ditch that separates the "away" cells is quite a bit larger. The area that we typically use is roughly 250 acres, but that's only a fraction of the farm as a whole. Regarding the comment that it looks like a lake, well, if the water table was a little higher, it probably would be an additional Finger Lake. But the farm itself is close to the same size as some of the smaller Finger Lakes nearby...

For those interested, the area on the field where we will set up the parking area and "near" pads is about 1900' x 950'. Once we have settled the map of the site, I will try to post it for folks to see. On the other side of the ditch that separates the "away" cells is quite a bit larger. The area that we typically use is roughly 250 acres, but that's only a fraction of the farm as a whole. Regarding the comment that it looks like a lake, well, if the water table was a little higher, it probably would be an additional Finger Lake. But the farm itself is close to the same size as some of the smaller Finger Lakes nearby...
Fingers crossed for dry weather and we can leave the life jackets at home. 😂

Is there a pad layout map anywhere? My son and I have a new rocket that we hope to fly on a EX/research mid-range+ 'M' motor. We are hoping to fly on the 'normal' pads and not at the far away cell. We normally fly a rocket with EX 'L' motors on the normal pads at URRF events. Just wondering what the LDRS configuration will be; it might change our rail guide setup. Thanks.

We're still finalizing that. The near field will be split into left and right banks, spaced so that one side can be loaded while the other launched. This will be like at the URRF events, but expanded somewhat. If we pull off the current plan, there will a total of 85-90 rods/rails on the field that we can rotate through, so hopeful that will mitigate wait times.

At the 500' row where normal "M" motors can go, we expect there will be 4 rails on each side, including both large pads and a hydraulic tower. Someone will have to check me on this, but I think that although an EX L is OK there, an EX M might have to go out to next row out (first Away row) at 1000'. The plan is there will a tower and 2 or 3 pads there.

There will be pads and towers at 1000' and 1500', plus at least a pad or tower at 2000' and 2500'. Basically, we added to and split up the away cell so that we can maximize turn over and also not push folks farther out than needed for their particular rocket.

Also, the plan is for 8 pads per side at both 200' and 300' rows. At 100', there will be 4 "midpower" pads per side, that include 1010 & mini button rails, and a 1/4" rod. Nearer, the LPR row is expected to have 16 rods per side.

As far as rails go, we have: 4' micro button, 5 & 6' mini button, 8' 1010 rails, 1515 rails that I'll have to double check length on, but I think are 10, 12, & 15'. And there are unistrut rails on the towers. There are also 1/8", 3/16"" and 1/4" rods.

All of this is shaping up and subject to change. But we hope to have a field map published a bit in advance of the event.

Someone will have to check me on this, but I think that although an EX L is OK there, an EX M might have to go out to next row out (first Away row) at 1000'. The plan is there will a tower and 2 or 3 pads there.

The new TRA Unified Safety Code did away with the separate safe distance tables for commercial vs. research motors.

60 DAY COUNTDOWN!!!!!
LDRS 42 UPDATE
60 DAYS until LDRS 42

Have you registered?

Online Registration will close on 5/25.
You will be able to register on the field.
https://urrg.us/content.aspx?page_id=4002&club_id=453409&item_id=2100693
Online SWAG sales will close on 5/1 ( We have to order them so we need lead time)
We will have limited quantities on the field for purchase.
https://urrg.us/content.aspx?page_id=587&club_id=453409
BANQUET TICKETS
Banquet tickets will be available online until 5/25 - You will be able to purchase on the field
https://urrg.us/content.aspx?page_id=586&club_id=453409&item_id=17874

Raffle Tickets
Will be available online until 5/25. You will be able to purchase on the field.
https://urrg.us/content.aspx?page_id=586&club_id=453409&item_id=17856
FOOD
Keuka Trail Farm Market
food truck will be on the field all 4 days. ( Link will show menu)
https://urrg.us/content.aspx?page_id=22&club_id=453409&module_id=666881
Finger Lakes Hots will be on the field Thursday and Saturday
https://www.fingerlakeshots.com/menu

Main Street Ice Cream will be on the field Saturday, June 8th

Vendors - OMG look at these Vendors
These Vendors have committed to be on-site.

Performance Hobbies
Wildman Rocketry
Chris Rocket Supplies
LOC Precision
RFS Marsa
MAC Performance Rocketry
RailButtons.com
FlisKits
SCP Concepts
Photos by Nadine
The Tripoli Store
Radical Rocketry
Dragon Rocketry

Raffle Prizes

There are soooo many prizes. I'm going to leave it to Teddy to list those out. Our Vendors are so generous. We can not Thank them enough for the support!
LDRS 42 Raffles How does it work?
You only put your raffle ticket in the buckets for the prizes you want to win.

The Launch Field
I can't give you a field layout quite yet, but I can tell you that LDRS 42 will feature MORE launch pads & TOWERS than ever.
Things are still TBD but it's looking like this is how things will shake out.

"At the 500' row where normal "M" motors can go, we expect there will be 4 rails on each side, including both large pads and a hydraulic tower. Someone will have to check me on this, but I think that although an EX L is OK there, an EX M might have to go out to the next row out (first Away row) at 1000'. The plan is there will a tower and 2 or 3 pads there.

There will be pads and towers at 1000' and 1500', plus at least a pad or tower at 2000' and 2500'.

Also, the plan is for 8 pads per side at both 200' and 300' rows. At 100', there will be 4 "midpower" pads per side, that include 1010 & mini button rails, and a 1/4" rod. Nearer, the LPR row is expected to have 16 rods per side.

As far as rails go, we have 4' micro button, 5 & 6' mini button, 8' 1010 rails, 1515 rails that I'll have to double check the length on, but I think are 10, 12, & 15'. And there are unistrut rails on the towers. There are also 1/8", 3/16"" and 1/4" rods."
Thanks for the update Rick!!

For The Little Rocketeers
Syracuse Rocket Club
will be on the field to help all those little Rocketeers.
VOLUNTEERS
This event does not happen without the tireless commitment of the LDRS committee.
Volunteers of all skill sets are always needed.
Many hands make light work and will allow for everyone to enjoy the event.
If you have not signed up to volunteer, please pick up a shift or 2. It is well worth it.
https://urrg.us/content.aspx?page_id=2664&club_id=453409

TRIPOLI ROCKETRY ASSOCIATION​

TRA will be on the field to help you with all your certification needs.

That's all for now.

Can't wait to see everyone in June.

Any questions
[email protected]

Tag me in your comments. 😀
04/06/2024

Back