OFFICIAL LDRS 42- urrg.us

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am very excited for my first big launch! Lucky me LDRS came east! It's still 12 hours west from Downeast Maine. Looking forward to launching my L3 attempt.
I registered, joined, signed up and got a cabin within hours of the location announcement.
But, is there anyway to check that I registered and my BFR paperwork was received? Thanks.
Mike,,

Yes registered

Bought a shirt, raffle tix and a pin

Teddy

Hi Jerry. It was a great weekend. We had a class on igniter making from small to the large silicone igniters Mike Dutch the master of reliable igniter making educated like 6 of us youngins on how to make them all start to finish. We made over 300 I guess well have no problem lighting them up at LDRS.
They tested out great and will definitely use a few. I took several of mine and made some larger igniters out of Dutch's silicone secret recipe. Will try them out in a 76/ 6 grain test motor next week.

One of the really cool raffle prizes. There's a lot and here is one I had some info on so I thought id share it.

I found a pic of Dragon rocketry's rocket Scott donated.
The 4" dia MK-109 Stingray kits
its a 4” dia, 62.8” tall, 54mm motor mount, dual deployment. This kit includes decals. All you need to finish this kit is your recovery system, electronics and an aero pack retainer.
Weight 75oz
Recommended Chute DR-8 or DR-H60

What's neat about the raffle is you can put your tickets in the bucket for the items you want so you have a better chance of getting what you want I really like that about the raffle.

Attachments

• 4in mk109 stingray.jpg
    4in mk109 stingray.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 0
Hay today is the birthday of the founder of Pyro the founder of the rocket club that started in 2004 on Torrey farms. He is also the founder of URRG formed sept 2011. Great guy always wanting the best for the hobby. He has been my kazoo always giving quiet advice with the best intent toward the betterment to flyers and education. He turned 65 today. A real Leader saw us through Muck fest 1 and 2 LDRS 28,31,34 upcoming LDRS 42 and URRF 1 thru 9. Great guy Happy birthday Dutch, you started something we are all proud to be a part of.

Spent some time this weekend with some of the URRG team members working on equipment maintenance. Had a great time and thank you for the hospitality. Looking forward to the launch! I think we need a LDRS count down clock... lol.
JS countdown clock:

Code:
<script>
var end = new Date('06/06/2025 00:01 AM');

var _second = 1000;
    var _minute = _second * 60;
    var _hour = _minute * 60;
    var _day = _hour * 24;
    var timer;

function showRemaining() {
        var now = new Date();
        var distance = end - now;
        if (distance < 0) {

clearInterval(timer);
            document.getElementById('countdown').innerHTML = 'EXPIRED!';

return;
        }
        var days = Math.floor(distance / _day);
        var hours = Math.floor((distance % _day) / _hour);
        var minutes = Math.floor((distance % _hour) / _minute);
        var seconds = Math.floor((distance % _minute) / _second);

document.getElementById('countdown').innerHTML = days + ' days ';
        document.getElementById('countdown').innerHTML += hours + 'hrs ';
        document.getElementById('countdown').innerHTML += minutes + 'mins ';
        document.getElementById('countdown').innerHTML += seconds + 'secs';
    }

timer = setInterval(showRemaining, 1000);
</script>

Wow, what a coincidence.
A man is looking to get into HP and is considering a Madcow Super DX 3 ..
That's exactly what Madcow has generously donated to the LDRS raffle..
How's that for a co-inkydink, lol..

Check their site here --

https://www.madcowrocketry.com/

Madcow is just always so generous with us.
I know broken record,
but these arent million dollar companys..
These donations are significant to them..

Thank you Madcow so much..

Teddy

Wow, what a coincidence.
A man is looking to get into HP and is considering a Madcow Super DX 3 ..
That's exactly what Madcow has generously donated to the LDRS raffle..
How's that for a co-inkydink, lol..

Check their site here --

https://www.madcowrocketry.com/

Madcow is just always so generous with us.
I know broken record,
but these arent million dollar companys..
These donations are significant to them..

Thank you Madcow so much..

Teddy
As you say, they aren't huge companies, but are offering up some nice products. I'm Looking forward to this event regardless, but the raffle is a nice bit of fun too.

I'm curious... What has Estes, who is a million dollar company, offered for this event?

I'm on a bit of an anti-Estes rant lately because they have totally ignored my customer service submission over a month ago. Some other reasons too. Very disappointing company lately. But that's a different thread.

Edit: Almost forgot... I'll be bringing my Madcow 4" Frenzy, (bought from eRockets) with stickers from Stickershock, flying on an engine from Wildman, and kevlar shock cord from some guy at One Bad Hawk (not to mention wearing a great One Bad Hawk t-shirt). 😁 (Despite my bitterness at times, some really great people and companies in this hobby!)

Last edited:
97 DAYS UNTILL LDRS 42
Have you registered?
Signed up to Volunteer?
Bought your Dinner Banquet Ticket?

LOOK AT THE SWAG !!!
The t-shirts are amazing the hats, pins, stickers, patches WOW WOW and WOW!!!
1710067894392.png1710067915368.png1710067945908.png

The URRG BOD is hard at work to make this the premier Rocketry event of the summer. More Pads than ever, More towers, More Vendors.
URRG.us

One of the really cool raffle prizes. There's a lot and here is one I had some info on so I thought id share it.

I found a pic of Dragon rocketry's rocket Scott donated.
The 4" dia MK-109 Stingray kits
its a 4” dia, 62.8” tall, 54mm motor mount, dual deployment. This kit includes decals. All you need to finish this kit is your recovery system, electronics and an aero pack retainer.
Weight 75oz
Recommended Chute DR-8 or DR-H60

What's neat about the raffle is you can put your tickets in the bucket for the items you want so you have a better chance of getting what you want I really like that about the raffle.
Never heard of these guys until now. This is pretty cool and after looking I just bought this kit: https://dragonrocketry.com/products...22918&pr_ref_pid=7606161932454&pr_seq=uniform

Looks awesome, looking forward to the build!

Holey smokes,
( get it, smokes ?? forget it )
Did you all se all of the kits Rocketarium donated to the LDRS raffle ??
They donated 6 kits like this one--

https://www.rocketarium.com/Rockets/Exocet-40

This is exactly the reason I keep speaking of the generosity of these vendors and manufacturers..
It's just unreal..
Thank you Rocketarium so very much.
It's folks like you that make this community so special..

You can get raffle tickets and all the other LDRS merch and swag here

https://urrg.clubexpress.com/content.aspx?page_id=0&club_id=453409

Teddy

Thinking of making a large LDRS 42 rocket.

I have a 17 foot 8 inch kit I am building and was thinking of decorating it as a LDRS 42 rocket. How would I do it? A nice popping color for a base coat and ask any vendor, raffle prize donator, club that is showing up or participating in any way to LDRS 42 to send me their logo. I would then have them printed out on vinyl, placed on the rocket with an epoxy gloss clear coat over them.

And of course have LDRS 42 painted on the rocket.

What do you all think?

Thinking of making a large LDRS 42 rocket.

I have a 17 foot 8 inch kit I am building and was thinking of decorating it as a LDRS 42 rocket. How would I do it? A nice popping color for a base coat and ask any vendor, raffle prize donator, club that is showing up or participating in any way to LDRS 42 to send me their logo. I would then have them printed out on vinyl, placed on the rocket with an epoxy gloss clear coat over them.

And of course have LDRS 42 painted on the rocket.

What do you all think?

Painting a big rocket is not cheap... Rattle cans alone can run into hundreds of dollars (with primer, color coats, clear coats, etc.)

If you are looking for cool graphics, consider a full body wrap from Stickershock. It may actually be cheaper in the long run and Mark can help out with the cool graphics.

Painting a big rocket is not cheap... Rattle cans alone can run into hundreds of dollars (with primer, color coats, clear coats, etc.)

If you are looking for cool graphics, consider a full body wrap from Stickershock. It may actually be cheaper in the long run and Mark can help out with the cool graphics.
Paint is not an issue, I have access to auto paint. And looks like Mark will be out for a bit with I believe shoulder surgery according to his website. I have a local shop that can print vinyl if needed. But I did look to Mark first.

Paint is not an issue, I have access to auto paint. And looks like Mark will be out for a bit with I believe shoulder surgery according to his website. I have a local shop that can print vinyl if needed. But I did look to Mark first.
I don't want to speak for Mark, but I would expect that he will be back in business well before LDRS. Did you send him an email about your project?

Tick, tock.
The arrow of time stops for no man..
And time is growing short for everyone in rocketry to get their projects ready for this launch..
No kidding, this LDRS is going to be one of the most fondly remembered LDRS's in history..
Everyone everywhere is just so excited for it.
I have another one for you all with the raffle prizes.
( I know, I get super excited with these, but they're all the stuff we'd like to go buy all year, lol ).
Eggtimer Rocketry.
Now, I've been an Eggtimer fan from way back when Cris E started it all.
He has grown through innovation not just again and again but constantly.
Now for a killer prize for some lucky rocketeer to win Eggtimer has donated --

Eggtimer Rocketry. Always the coolest electronic kits in all of rocketry – Eggtimer’s raffle prize is 3 kits in one.
An Eggtimer “TX” GPS Tracking Transmitter Kit,
An Eggfinder “LCD” GPS Tracking Receiver Kit,
and an Eggfinder “LCD-GPS” Add-on for the Eggfinder “LCD” GPS Tracking Receiver Kit.

This all equals one absolutely complete GPS rocket tracking solution. This is a $160 value and a very special prize indeed..
I am jealous of whoever wins this raffle prize, I just may go buy one of these for myself..

This is no joke.
This is a superb and totally complete tracking solution.
I've been using Eggtimers GPS trackers for years,
but I never had anything like this.
To each his own I guess, but this generous prize from Eggtimer really got me.

I know which bin my raffle tickets are going in, lol..

Thank you so very much for this super generous prize Eggtimer..

Teddy

Jerry that is way cool a LDRS 42 Rocket. Stickered up with all the vendors. If you want to clear it when you come up to static test your 6 inch motors Id be happy to lay some automotive clear on that puppy.

Jerry that is way cool a LDRS 42 Rocket. Stickered up with all the vendors. If you want to clear it when you come up to static test your 6 inch motors Id be happy to lay some automotive clear on that puppy.
Don't see any interest, and not an issue. I think I am going to Air brush it with a few designs I have in mind. I may take you up on that auto clear offer :)

Fliskits will once again be sponsoring an alphabet race at LDRS 24. Rules are simple
1. Successfully fly and recover rockets flown from A thru G in order.
2. Rocket must be brought back to Fitkits booth with engine intact. Damaged rockets are not considered Successful.
3. Only 1 rocket at a time.
4. No staging for double motors
5. 1st one to G wins

Rockets do not have to be Fliskit kits

1st Prize $100 cash, trophy and bragging rites
2nd Place $50 cash

Eric that's Great. You have been doing those for years and a really fun time for everyone. I heard your going to have some cool kits to offer this year. Cant wait to see them.

Wow, I keep having to go over the raffle prizes and it just doesnt stop surprising me..
Even smaller companies like SCP Products..
Look what Scott has donated to the LDRS raffle,,

SCP Products. Scott from SCP is always so generous. He’s donating 5 prizes for the LDRS42 raffle.

We’ll give away 1 each day, 2 on Saturday.

2- 10% off coupon

2- 20% off coupon

2- 30% off coupon

2- pairs of 10 series CNC machined Airfoil rail guides

2- pairs of 15 series CNC machined Airfoil rail guides

What a generous man..

If you're part of this rocketry community in any way you're so fortunate..

Teddy

Back