Odd names for rockets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Either it's twelve sided or it's misnamed.
I believe he started with a dodecahedron, but he eliminated the bottom side and the top side. Actually, the bottom side is where the nozzle resides. By eliminating the top pentagon, the other 5 elongated pentagons come together forming a point.

He said he didn't know what to call the resulting shape. Neither do I. Thanks for pointing out my mistake.

c0c0m0ke

Carlos McCauley

I believe he started with a dodecahedron, but he eliminated the bottom side and the top side. Actually, the bottom side is where the nozzle resides. By eliminating the top pentagon, the other 5 elongated pentagons come together forming a point.

He said he didn't know what to call the resulting shape. Neither do I. Thanks for pointing out my mistake.

c0c0m0ke

Carlos McCauley
Dodo-decahedron?

c0c0m0ke

Carlos McCauley
Hendecahedron for 11 sides.

I’m constructing a scratch built rocket right now that’s made from all repurposed materials I was going to name, “RUDE 1”, which stands for, “Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly Expected”. Then I thought of the name, “RUDImentary”, which might be more fitting for a rocket made from found items. That name means, “Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly Imminent”. I have in mind to name my next high altitude rocket, “S.O.B!”, which stands for, “Space Or Bust!”
Changed it to “L.O.U.D. & R.U.D.E.” (Lots Of Unnecessary Destruction with Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly Expected)”.

none. A really bad idea was recovered intact, ready to fly again. the trick is to break the rocket into many pieces before it hits the ground and breaks into many pieces in places you don't want it to.

A really bad idea broke into 2 separate pieces with a drogue each, then each half broke into 2 pieces again at 600 feet and each piece put out a separate main
so the mess on the ground was 4 distinct pieces

Back