Nozzle size

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barracuda

Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance but..I have 5 reloads in a tupperware I thought to be E28-4's(I also use E18's a lot) but one of the nozzle openings is smaller than the rest.Would the difference between a E18 and a E28 be nozzle size or is the propellant different?

I checked the AT website and no info there. Someone will have to check their stash. I will ask my wife in the am if there is no answer.

If the both motors have: about the same impulse, and the same number of grains than; my best hypothesis would be: the smaller nozzle would go to the E28's.

I believe they're different propellant types as well as a different nozzle, and the smaller nozzle would go to the E18. I'd double check with aerotech before flying though.

The one thing I over looked, good catch!

JD

I believe they're different propellant types as well as a different nozzle, and the smaller nozzle would go to the E18. I'd double check with aerotech before flying though.

All the lower thrust motors in the hobbyline series have smaller nozzles than the higher thrust counter part.

Easily learned and remembered when trying to install the $#$#%^ ignitors or find one that fits!

Back