Nice Find

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ndzied1

Reaction score
My wife asked if I minded picking up some stuff she found on Freecycle for the art teachers in her department. I said sure and look what it was!!! :w:

These are not just Crayon banks. They are 5 ft. tall. The two on the left are 6.2" in diameter and the one on the right is 5.4" in diameter.

I hope the teachers aren't too disappointed ...

Crayola.jpg

I'd buy her a pack of crayons and say "oh look, honey, they had the whole set" and hand them over. Try not to smile too big....

She gonna let you keep one? Cruel if not.

OH Ya, I get my pick! All of them if I want. :clap:

Actually the center is cardboard tube and the front and back have shoulders just like rocket parts. Getting better all the time.

Wow, and Crayola brand, too. Not the generic "Crayon" bank. Nice find!

OH Ya, I get my pick! All of them if I want. :clap:

Actually the center is cardboard tube and the front and back have shoulders just like rocket parts. Getting better all the time.

So are they done yet?!?
All jokeing aside, that is an awesome find- those things are expensive!

So are they done yet?!?
All jokeing aside, that is an awesome find- those things are expensive!

Is there a company name or website or anything on them that might lead us to the source? They look cool that big.

-Itchy Richie

Thanks for the link, Scotty Dog. At first, I thought 38 bucks+ shipping was high (I'm mainly a scratch-builder used to not paying kit prices), but the more I thought about it, you could pay more than that for a smaller rocket, that could lack the "wow factor" of a Crayon that size.

Anybody ever seen 'em in stores?

-Itchy Richie

Thanks for the link, Scotty Dog. At first, I thought 38 bucks+ shipping was high (I'm mainly a scratch-builder used to not paying kit prices), but the more I thought about it, you could pay more than that for a smaller rocket, that could lack the "wow factor" of a Crayon that size.

Anybody ever seen 'em in stores?

-Itchy Richie

Never that large, but 4" diameter crayon banks can usually be found at Toys R Us.

This should be a club project...6" Crayon Drag Race...(yea I know...it's been done..)

Back